PGA Championship

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Decent leaderboard as R3 nears conclusion.

Pro golfers can be a superstitious bunch, & an indication of the challenges in betting on golf.
Last two winners & showing this week.

J Day - missed cut
W Clark - missed cut

S Forsstrom - N/A
A Meronk - T58 (currently)

D Johnson - T33 (currently)
T Gooch - missed cut

Ho hum, form is temporary 😆🥴

BubbaP

Visit site
Seems the video has been taken down, I missed it, apparently Rahm smashed a mic after shanking a chip yesterday 😲
A few still images around.
Been an eventful tournament already!

Have enjoyed the Block story, seems a genuine guy - seemed to really enjoy playing with Rose yesterday (how well is he putting ATM), and in the interview they told him he's with McIlroy today.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Hope Brooks can get the job done after his self confessed bottle job at the Masters and his injury problems.
Tough course though so plenty in with a chance.
Got to say that was a poor round from Scheffler and what a bit of luck with the shot that hit the water and popped out.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hope Brooks can get the job done after his self confessed bottle job at the Masters and his injury problems.
Tough course though so plenty in with a chance.
Got to say that was a poor round from Scheffler and what a bit of luck with the shot that hit the water and popped out.

Really hoping brooks wins aswell, before the whole Liv thing him and Bryson were two of my fav to watch and it's great to see them both up there

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I rarely wear a cap, but if it rains I do, and often wear it backwards. Otherwise I can't stand the rain dripping off the peak in front of my face.
And there was me thinking it was to stop rainwater going down his neck! He wasn't the only one wearing it backwards either.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Was Conners trying to gain an unfair advantage when he was looking for the referee to agree he could drop his embedded ball to the left rather than the right yesterday ? Not cheat exactly, as if the ref agreed with him it would have made it accepted as OK. But still, if the ref saw Conners preference was was closer to the hole, surely Conners did too. The stance would certainly have been better than the one he actually had to play.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Was Conners trying to gain an unfair advantage when he was looking for the referee to agree he could drop his embedded ball to the left rather than the right yesterday ? Not cheat exactly, as if the ref agreed with him it would have made it accepted as OK. But still, if the ref saw Conners preference was was closer to the hole, surely Conners did too. The stance would certainly have been better than the one he actually had to play.

Not at all IMO. He was just exploring all options, as he was entitled to do. It was certainly close. Once the referee fully decided it was closer to the hole on the left he just cracked on. No toys thrown, no second opinion demanded as we have seen with many others in the past. Handled it perfectly

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think they have their hats backwards when putting so that the rain isn’t dripping down towards the ball. A few were doing it.

BubbaP

Visit site
Looking forward to this evening.
I did think the Masters maybe came too soon for Koepka, and wasn't hugely surprised he struggled on last day. Is another month enough...
Believe Mcginley was saying on Thursday that Koepka was last man on the range Wednesday night and that suggested he would struggle this week...
Be good to see a good round from Hovland. Felt like Conners and he had been pretty much best tee to green and putting had held up until later on Saturday where they maybe looked a little shaky.
Expecting a mini charge from Rory at some point 😁
Great start from Meronk!

Swango1980

Visit site
First 2 holes are classic Rory. Brilliant start, tap in birdie on 1st. Then he gets aggressive on 2nd to right hand pin, and misses green to right, exactly where you don't want to miss it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Think Koepka will walk this - don’t think Hovland can put him under pressure and think there is big enough of a gap to the big contenders and the course isn’t beating them up. Koepka is playing too well to make too many mistakes as well