Personalising your own balls

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After a funny incident with a mate during a recent round, I'd like to get him a dozen of those half/half Srixon balls but with a personalised message.

I can't find any place that sells them and does the personalisation together. So what are my options? The only self personalisation bits I can find is for really basic logos.

Visit site
If you buy Vice balls online you can design your own logo. Nobody ever plays mine by mistake & sometimes people hand back ones I've lost.

I took advantage of the Titleist 4 for 3 offer last year, and had 48 ProV1x's with "JG" and Number 44.

Majority were used for a round and tossed into a cardboard box and never to be used again. A few went missing out on the course... Not a single one ever found it's way back to me. However, on our first hole, I missed a drive to the right hand side, in a medal. I found a ball, and it was my "#44" ball. I noticed it was quite scuffed looking, and upon closer inspection decided it must have been the ball I had lost there the week before! About 10 yards further down... I found the correct #44!

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Three weeks back, I played in a seniors inter-club match. On the first tee I announced that I was playing with a Callaway Supersoft with two maroon dots. My playing partner looked at my ball and said that he had one of those that he had found on the course and he gave it back to me. Another advantage of marking your balls!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Three weeks back, I played in a seniors inter-club match. On the first tee I announced that I was playing with a Callaway Supersoft with two maroon dots. My playing partner looked at my ball and said that he had one of those that he had found on the course and he gave it back to me. Another advantage of marking your balls!
Exact same thing happened to me in last year's club champs. Announced a Bridgestone with a purple circle marking and a guy in my group says "oh - I think I might be playing that as well!" Sure enough if it was one of mine, and he gave it back - I declined at first due to finder's keepers, but he insisted.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sometimes, if I find a ball that I wouldn’t use but it is in good condition, I draw a big cock and balls on it and drop it back in the rough. Infantile but it puts a smile on my face?
I once got my golf mate in a friend's secret santa so I did something similar - had a sleeve of ProV1s that I'd been given for free, so I drew penises on them, stashed them back in the sleeve and gave them to him. He was happy with his gift until he opened them up. :LOL:

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sometimes, if I find a ball that I wouldn’t use but it is in good condition, I draw a big cock and balls on it and drop it back in the rough. Infantile but it puts a smile on my face?

Similar story ... But my playing partner did this when the group behind had teed off behind us too soon one too many times.

Funnily they stopped doing it immediately after.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to write 'Shep' on each ball but got fed up of my club mates posting photos of themselves, holding one of my lost balls, and gleefully declaring just how deep in the right rough it had been found.

evemccc

Visit site
When playing in opens at ‘away’ clubs is it required to actually ‘personalise’ the mark on your ball eg two black dots next to the Titleist — or is it sufficient to say “Titleist ProV1 with number 4”, with no felt tip pen mark on your ball?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
When playing in opens at ‘away’ clubs is it required to actually ‘personalise’ the mark on your ball eg two black dots next to the Titleist — or is it sufficient to say “Titleist ProV1 with number 4”, with no felt tip pen mark on your ball?

The rules of golf require you to be able to identify your own ball. If you're happy that you're in possession of the only Pro V1 #4 on that course then you're fine. It's up to you but you'll be penalised if you end up in a situation where you can't positively differentiate your ball from another.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Played a bounce game yesterday, playing with a super soft #4 that had played a few rounds. missed a fairway in some light trees walked in and exactly where I was expecting was a callaway 4 that had done some mileage. Played it out as I was walking forward found another super soft - this was mine because as I picked it up I could see where the old pen mark had faded.

What’s the chances of two supersofts 4’s that had both played 4-5 rounds sitting within 10ft of each other.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Fella in the group in front (who knows me & how I mark the ball) found one of my previously lost balls on par 5 and 'kindly' dropped it in the hole for me to find after playing my shot onto the blind green :sneaky:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
After a funny incident with a mate during a recent round, I'd like to get him a dozen of those half/half Srixon balls but with a personalised message.

I can't find any place that sells them and does the personalisation together. So what are my options? The only self personalisation bits I can find is for really basic logos.
Have you asked best4balls.com if they can source a pack?