Personal golf courses

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Who would build a 9 hole course and not get a greenkeeper in? Like buying a private jet and flying it yourself. Worthless.

The course was already built when he bought the house.

It is not that he cannot afford a greenkeeper the problem is finding someone to do the job.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wouldn’t have a course. If I had the cash, it’d be a fully artificial, but top notch short game area. Less maintenance, and great to just chip a few, pitch a few etc.

And a large simulator room for full shots in the dry

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If I had the money that this guy does, I probably would build 9 holes. I was going to say 3, but honestly if moneys not object, why not.... you’d need a few full time staff, they could keep 9 holes impeccable.

I’d also have courses across the world because why the hell not.

I’d also probably buy the club I’m a member of at the moment, just because.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A former work mate of mine had a neighbour who commuted to London by helicopter while he was taking the train in for a couple of hours each way. Sound like the same (type of?) guy.

I probably would like to, but likely not do it. It must be very hard to maintain, but in the other hand, at that money I could hire a couple if green keepers.

But I surely give the GC quad guys a call for advise about how big my extension should be ...

Now, let’s check the Euromillion ...

There's no way that anyone that lives two hours outside of London and commutes by helicopter should still have neighbours.....

If I came into a bit of money the first thing I'd do is find a house that didn't have any :ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
There's no way that anyone that lives two hours outside of London and commutes by helicopter should still have neighbours.....

If I came into a bit of money the first thing I'd do is find a house that didn't have any :ROFLMAO:

At that level your next door neighbours are a 20 minute drive away.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My dads work had a 9 hole par 3 course on its grounds. I played my first game here some 30 years ago. At the time the trees were mere saplings.

It's been left unattended for many a year now.

Often wondered how many other work places in the UK would have a course attached.