Pedrena (Seve's course), Les Aisses....or Les Bordes

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone played Pedrena or Les Aisses, or both? Surely none of us proles have played Les Bordes.

Going on a 10 day road trip to Madrid and staying 3 nights in Tours and 3 nights in Bilbao, and taking the clubs along, just in case. I'll deffo get one game in and possibly two, but dont want to push it to much with the missus, and will probably play of an evening at one or both.

Pedrena - Seve's course, Harry Colt design and views of the cost and Santander look great. 1 hour away EUR 150.00.

Les Aisses is over an hour away, sound a great course and has some great reviews.

Les Bordes is a bit nearer, from looking online membership is anything between 10 and 22 personnes, and some days you may only find 2 groups out on the course - ALL DAY!!!!!! Can only get on as guest of a member, generally. Surely, none of the forum have played it?

Anyone give me a nudge on which one to play, if they have played either or both of the first two?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Les Bordes is a bit nearer, from looking online membership is anything between 10 and 22 personnes, and some days you may only find 2 groups out on the course - ALL DAY!!!!!! Can only get on as guest of a member, generally. Surely, none of the forum have played it?
I have, indeed, played it. Before it went 'private'. Also stayed, and ate, there (6 days/nights) 5 rounds. I'm even in 'The Golden Book' for going round with the same ball - the shot into 18 was seriously nerve-wracking, even though it was an easy 9-iron!

Lovely course and great service (everywhere). Water in play on 12 holes (thus the Golden Book challenge) often more than once (3 times on one hole, Par 5 7th from memory) and including an 'island' green. I have some pics somewhere if you want. Only criticism was that the design seemed to a bit of a composite of holes from various styles.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have, indeed, played it. Before it went 'private'. Also stayed, and ate, there (6 days/nights) 5 rounds. I'm even in 'The Golden Book' for going round with the same ball - the shot into 18 was seriously nerve-wracking, even though it was an easy 9-iron!

Lovely course and great service (everywhere). Water in play on 12 holes (thus the Golden Book challenge) often more than once (3 times on one hole, Par 5 7th from memory) and including an 'island' green. I have some pics somewhere if you want. Only criticism was that the design seemed to a bit of a composite of holes from various styles.

I know that they have a board there, where if you break 80 your name goes up on it, as not done very often, I believe.

Yeah, go-ed bang a few up as not much info about. Someone said that they paid 260 Euros, but it may have been a few years ago.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I know that they have a board there, where if you break 80 your name goes up on it, as not done very often, I believe.
I think there were 4 on that board when I was there! Not certain whether it was 80 either, but couldn't say for sure.
I think Darren Clarke was one of the names...certainly one of the ET Pros; maybe Van de Velde.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think there were 4 on that board when I was there! Not certain whether it was 80 either, but couldn't say for sure.
I think Darren Clarke was one of the names...certainly one of the ET Pros; maybe Van de Velde.

Only going on what Ive read online but a few people mentioned the breaking 80 thing and one said that Darren Clarke and Ronan rafferty were on it.