Paypal scam

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Just a heads up to let you know about scammers using Paypal. I'm trying to sell a phone on gumtree, had a response from a guy offering the full price and £12 for postage. Asked me to send him a paypal request and he would send the money. I did so and shortly received an email from 'paypal' saying they had received the payment and the money is being held in an escrow account, it will be released once I have posted the item and notified them of the tracking details.

I checked Paypal's FAQ's as I smelt a rat, they do not use any escrow accounts, money is always transferred in full immediately. I have emailed the guy back saying I am not sending the phone and surprise surprise, he has not responded.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just had a scam email supposedly from DVLA,They said that i have made an overpayment of a few pence short of £500. it looks all pretty kosher and the logo is there on the page . BUT ,and its the give away kicker ,they ave addressed the email to Bill Gibbins ,well yes that is my name ,But I have never used Bill on any official form ,always used William ,so mr scammer .up yours and better luck next time.