Patrick Reed

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
In the spirit of the game, I don't like to see anyone do badly.

But...for some reason I can't seem to hold it in for Patrick Reed.

Does anyone else agree or have that with anyone else?

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In the spirit of the game, I don't like to see anyone do badly.

But...for some reason I can't seem to hold it in for Patrick Reed.

Does anyone else agree or have that with anyone else?

agreed but only because he’s a bit of a pantomime villain with his Ryder cup antics. Used to like Keegan Bradley until his bullying of Miguel so now smirk when he duffs it.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’ll buck the trend - I like him , think he is a superb golfer who will win a major and I like his style and attitude - him and McIlory played one of the best Ryder Cup Matches and he has played a good number of ET events and always been respectful- great competitor and would rather people with a bit of character win as opposed to robots like Spieth , Thomas , Koepka or personality vacuums like DJ

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Wow, fair enough! Don't doubt his ability as a golfer, just something I can't warm to! Maybe it's is over zealous fist bumping 😂

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Massive fan of Patrick Reed, outside of Snedeker he’s probably my favourite on tour. Genuine, passionate bloke.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
He was on my "don't like" list but after seeing him on the European tour, and hearing him speak in interviews I really like the guy. He's passionate about the game, and understandably passionate in the Ryder Cup - an American version of Sergio.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
One of my favourites. Doesn't hold his emotion in check too much. Passionate, ballsy, arrogant. Yup. I like him.

Absolutely agree with this. Definitely on my list to follow for a few holes in Paris in september. Going to have a very good career, I think it's fair to say.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Used to dislike him due to him being the yanks version of Poulter. But then saw him during practice round at Birkdale and he signed a flag for my 16 month old daughter (who was there) little bit of chit chat and was genuinely nice to her, my Mrs and me. Saw him on the next hole about to play his 2nd shot and he noticed us and waved to us shouting “Hello Scarlett”.

Took him 30 seconds of his life and he probably won’t even remember it, but he made a few lifetime fans then.

Apart from when the Ryder Cup is on. Then he’s a complete tool.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Used to dislike him due to him being the yanks version of Poulter. But then saw him during practice round at Birkdale and he signed a flag for my 16 month old daughter (who was there) little bit of chit chat and was genuinely nice to her, my Mrs and me. Saw him on the next hole about to play his 2nd shot and he noticed us and waved to us shouting “Hello Scarlett”.

Took him 30 seconds of his life and he probably won’t even remember it, but he made a few lifetime fans then.

Ok I like him now 😂 Good story!

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I liked him before reading this,but slightly more now.

I can see why some maybe don’t tho.

Bubba on the other hand 😣

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Cool story!

I like the cut of his jib; lots of talent, plays and speaks with a bit of verve and seems miles away from the usual anodyne American. The Ryder Cup match again Rors was tremendous and will live long in the memory.

D

Deleted member 16999

He had a lot of controversey in the States when he first joined the PGA, accusations of cheating and thieving during his College days were publshed in a book, he was fined for a swearing outburst, family feud on facebook and then he claimed it wouldn’t be long until he was world No1.
Really like him, as said, he broke the mould of the normal clean cut american college boy and great to see him giving the european fans some stick back at gleneagles.
Probably the closest to a bad boy the US has had since John Daly.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
He had a lot of controversey in the States when he first joined the PGA, accusations of cheating and thieving during his College days were publshed in a book, he was fined for a swearing outburst, family feud on facebook and then he claimed it wouldn’t be long until he was world No1.
Really like him, as said, he broke the mould of the normal clean cut american college boy and great to see him giving the european fans some stick back at gleneagles.
Probably the closest to a bad boy the US has had since John Daly.

Think DJ could pip him to that title