par 3's

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
could you by any chance finish a course with 15, 16, 17 and 18 being par 3's? is there anything that states you cant have a run of par 3s when designing a course.

ive just been looking at west derby golf club and ive noticed they dont have a par 3 till the 7th hole. does anyone know of a course which doesnt have a par 3 till later than the 7th. ive never come across any in my time.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
could you by any chance finish a course with 15, 16, 17 and 18 being par 3's? is there anything that states you cant have a run of par 3s when designing a course.

ive just been looking at west derby golf club and ive noticed they dont have a par 3 till the 7th hole. does anyone know of a course which doesnt have a par 3 till later than the 7th. ive never come across any in my time.

No but I know one in Shropshire that starts with 3 of them - Church Stretton.

BTW - get on the NW OOm thread and vote your courses by tomorrow morning, or at least abstain. :)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
prehen golf club in derry has a par 3 first. tough start!

i never like a course to open or close with a par 3. it just doesnt sit well with me!

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
prehen golf club in derry has a par 3 first. tough start!

i never like a course to open or close with a par 3. it just doesnt sit well with me!
I don't think I'd like that much either.

When out in Vegas last week we played 2 courses that finished par 5, par 5. Didn't like that either lol. Especially when 1 had about 400yds of water up the left side. Not good for my hooky bad shot haha.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My previous course started with a par 3 and my current one doesn't have one until the 5th. Starting with one was good in that you had an easier start with, say a 6 iron, but, of course, everyone had to wait until the green was clear. My current place has stroke index's 11, 1 and 3 in the first 4 holes and the 1st par 3 (5th) is the trickest on the course

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours starts with a par 3 and its killed many a round :). Ive seen paople have a 12,10 and allsorts, ive also seen a few shank it down the road at side of the course :)

I hat starting with a par 3 unless its very easy :)

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
My course, Peebles, starts with a par-3.. its a moderate/long iron into a fairly well protected green with OOB at the back and left. Even more daunting is the clubhouse and balcony run adjacent to the hole, so if you mess things up there's usually a crowd watching you do it.

Not related to the original question, but the Kier course at Cawder has no par-5s... I've never known this to be the case at any other course.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Worsley doesnt have one until the 6th, we start and end with par 3s, I like them, the first isnt too bad but the 18th can be a killer.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
my course the first par 3 is the 8th the next and last is the 16th.

we have a new champion! is any one going to amaze me and tell me their par 3's dont start until the back 9. now that would be something else!

nice one BS ! current champion!

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

My home course you don't have a par 3 until the 9th... there are only 3 where from looking at some courses on here it appears they have a few more. Its funny because its the first hole you need to take an Iron off the tee... (Its still 200yrds) Stupid long course!