Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Certainly seems to be easing in the London area

Thursday working in West London (Twickenham / Brentford area) no stations open at all
Friday, driving to H4H, no stations open at all

Today, drove to Banstead, Petrol stations open, no queues,
Aylesbury, the 3 I drove past this evening were all open and no queues
Twickenham Tesco behind the rugby stadium is supposed to be the secret station here.
I filled up a little west of Osterley when passing by on Sunday, we are getting back to normal, for the time being.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No queues around here.. all cars have sufficient fuel, so not bothered. Will visit when they get done to quarters..

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
All stations around here are fully open, did anyone see The Army doing any deliveries or was it just hype put out to make it seem like the government were responding to the “crisis”?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last night I saw my local station forecourt open, with petrol, for the first time in about two weeks! Busy but no queue either.

On Sunday I did see three stations all sold out, but I'm guessing that's end of the weekend when they probably didn't get deliveries until the Monday.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Walked past my local filling station on my way home from the gym today. Had diesel, unleaded 95ron, and no queue. No 99ron though. Just hope it's still the same by the time I need to put some more in (which will be in about a fortnight).

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Walked past my local filling station on my way home from the gym today. Had diesel, unleaded 95ron, and no queue. No 99ron though. Just hope it's still the same by the time I need to put some more in (which will be in about a fortnight).

what is this "gym" you speak of?

:LOL:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Came down the M6 yesterday and on The a service Station it was 159.9 per litre. Needed around 50 litres which would have cost me around £14 more if I had filled up.

Who fills up there and why so expensive? Surely their overheads/rent cannot be so high and elasticity of demand should kick in. Any of you more knowledgeable care to explain please?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Came down the M6 yesterday and on The a service Station it was 159.9 per litre. Needed around 50 litres which would have cost me around £14 more if I had filled up.

Who fills up there and why so expensive? Surely their overheads/rent cannot be so high and elasticity of demand should kick in. Any of you more knowledgeable care to explain please?
I can only imagine it is people running on vapour, and so desperate, and company car drivers who can claim it back on expenses and so don't care. Like you, it staggers me that they can be 20p a litre more, it's offensively high.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have just been speaking to our coalman and he is expecting a shortage of coal this winter! I've got my order in now.

It wouldn't surprise me at all tho tbh. Considering the cable with France that supplies electric had a fire and won't be fully operational until march they have had to turn on the mothballed coal power stations (increasing the wholesale price of electric from like 1.5p to 7p pkwh) and prob stealing a lot of the coal

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have just been speaking to our coalman and he is expecting a shortage of coal this winter! I've got my order in now.

If he can get it to India, then he will make a killing.. apparently power plants being shut down due to lack of coal.