Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I think they went about managing buying the wrong way round.

Many places had a maximum of £30. They should have made it a minimum of £30, regardless of how much fuel you actually put in.

Spot on. It was the splash and dash refuelling which really fuelled (pun intended) the crisis.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hope you are all stocking up on the candles, calor gas, charcoal and camping cookers needed to get us through this winter.
Checked all mine last week., essential for rural living Scots.;)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

Many places had a maximum of £30. They should have made it a minimum of £30, regardless of how much fuel you actually put in.
Aye the petrochemical giants definitely need that extra money. ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Is it still panic buying or can we fill up guilt free now?

Just rolled onto the forecourt, put £38 from just under half full to full. At £1.38 it want that much, but on the way out we passed an Esso that wanted £1.43.

Got a bit of a shock when the pump cut out at under £2, somehow I didn’t find the sweet spot for a steady fill rate. It used to be to just stuck the nozzle in and pull full trigger, but somehow that didn’t work.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just saw a news report that there is a oncoming shortage of mid-wives in the country.. I might take a print out of it and try if we can make a panic baby tonight …

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Just saw a news report that there is a oncoming shortage of mid-wives in the country.. I might take a print out of it and try if we can make a panic baby tonight …
I don’t think it’s necessary. Any vet can deliver a calf, ah baby, as well.

D

Deleted member 23270

Can't see that being legally enforceable but it would certainly resolve the problem!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In reality, you can say that people have been driving around in a bomb for decades. Petrol is highly flammable and will ignite easily. You can see this by the number of vehicle fires there have been. The modern fuel cell vehicles are totally different from the days of the airships. Our company would not put its name against anything that was going to be dangerous.

Being pedantic petrol is not not highly flammable it is the petrol vapour that is- so a half full tank has a lot more vapour than a full one.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Usual price in our area is about 134.9 and, surprisingly that's what I paid at a BP garage on Friday (BP are usually 1 or 2 p more). Drove past my local garage where I usually fill up this morning, 2 cars on forecourt. 147.9 :eek::eek: They won't be getting my custom again any time soon.:mad:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I took the opportunity to fill up my car as I have a drive down to the airport and a few trips in between.
£1.41/ltr.. I cannot see me wanting to commute any time soon !!
I wonder if they jack up business rates for electricity/gas etc we will see more working from home? Or will we see cost cutting exercises that involve job cuts?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Heard about the concept of an 'inverse menu' for the first time.. Saw it on twitter, but havent seen in the wild so far. Not sure what point it achieves if i get given one of these in the pun
FBawhPwWUAYQGWv

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Heard about the concept of an 'inverse menu' for the first time.. Saw it on twitter, but havent seen in the wild so far. Not sure what point it achieves if i get given one of these in the pun
FBawhPwWUAYQGWv

relevance to the thread?

more bullshit propaganda?

youre getting worse than SILH and thats saying something

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Certainly seems to be easing in the London area

Thursday working in West London (Twickenham / Brentford area) no stations open at all
Friday, driving to H4H, no stations open at all

Today, drove to Banstead, Petrol stations open, no queues,
Aylesbury, the 3 I drove past this evening were all open and no queues

D-S

Visit site
No issues around here since last week, if anything filling stations quieter than usual as I assume stocks have moved from refineries to individuals tanks.

Oh and by the way the supermarket shelves seem pretty full too.