Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still full tank in the juggernaut.. and driving a total of 3.2. Mile round trip today to my mum's and back for the day.

Glad that A I got lucky and filled up the week before this stupidness and B we don't have to use the big car often now the wife's back at work.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got to my local Sainsbury's this morning at 06:50 and there were about six cars queueing for fuel. By the time I'd finished shopping at 07:30 there were over 30. Interesting to listen to the shopping queue conversation. The generic mentality seemed to be one of keep topping up just to be on the safe side. Sad.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a toy, that's why we allow the RAF Regt to play on them.

One of my memories of my time working at the FVRDE/MVEE was when they were developing the Scorpion a couple of guys took an unequipped early version out for a spin and were rumoured to have got more than 60MPH out of it.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
One of my memories of my time working at the FVRDE/MVEE was when they were developing the Scorpion a couple of guys took an unequipped early version out for a spin and were rumoured to have got more than 60MPH out of it.

Snap. Remember testing it in the Pond at Horsea. Theoretically it could do 55mph forwards or backwards - I wasn't aware the French were involved with the spec. ;);)

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I see although the UK's stock of fuel is at normal levels the Petrol Retailers Association are reckoning on a 3p/litre price rise in the coming days . They vehemently deny this is profitering !!

Carlwm

Visit site
Popped into the centre of Leeds to meet friends for breakfast, and called in for petrol on the way home. No queues, either at the station I used or the other two I passed on my travels. Prices were normal too.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Worked on the 'Striker' version that had five swingfire anti tank missiles. Liked giving them some Welly on the airfield at BAE.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I see although the UK's stock of fuel is at normal levels the Petrol Retailers Association are reckoning on a 3p/litre price rise in the coming days . They vehemently deny this is profitering !!

A 3p rise does what tho? 2.4p remains with them .. on which are they paying more for deliveries as the wages of drivers only going one way

Plus their making less as the majority of their profits are from the shop arent they? In which sales are right down as people can't just nip in for a quick stop

Supply and demand surely?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A 3p rise does what tho? 2.4p remains with them .. on which are they paying more for deliveries as the wages of drivers only going one way

Plus their making less as the majority of their profits are from the shop arent they? In which sales are right down as people can't just nip in for a quick stop

Supply and demand surely?

I would agree with the losses (lack of profits from the shops). I often fill up in a Coop garage/shop near the club. The car park is nearly always close to full last Monday drove straight in to a nearly empty car park.

Funny bit was somebody a little way behind me having seen me pull in also turned in, expecting there to be fuel, and drove straight out again.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would agree with the losses (lack of profits from the shops). I often fill up in a Coop garage/shop near the club. The car park is nearly always close to full last Monday drove straight in to a nearly empty car park.

Funny bit was somebody a little way behind me having seen me pull in also turned in, expecting there to be fuel, and drove straight out again.

Also add in there electric cars not going in petrol stations for charge .. those charge points make a fair bit and we all avoiding the queues not going into service stations

RichA

Visit site
I live smack in the middle of the red bit of that map.
I did our weekly Tesco shop this afternoon and filled up with unleaded on the way out. Forecourt full, but no queue. Took 5 minutes with pay at pump.