Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Standby - might be needed
Mobilised - forces actually doing something

I have no idea if the selfish idiots understand the difference but they are the ones that cry out for the forces every time they want there life made easy without a though how this might affect those that have to change their plans to satisfy their selfish whims.

You never know, some of these people may even had holidays or other things booked with their families. I hope you enjoyed your trip away.
Cool thing is that I have been trying to agree with you…though it seems that I may not have been doing that very well as my understanding of ‘mobilising’ has been closer to ’bringing to readiness’. Having them ‘doing the doing‘ is ‘deployment’. Anyway - that’s just words ??

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would be nice to know current status of local stations.. I haven’t popped my head out the door so I don’t know whether it’s all started to calm down or still being stupid. I cannot trust the media as they struggle with the facts .. think they need to be put in check for this scenario

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Would be nice to know current status of local stations.. I haven’t popped my head out the door so I don’t know whether it’s all started to calm down or still being stupid. I cannot trust the media as they struggle with the facts .. think they need to be put in check for this scenario

Apparently most near me (Welling) are out of unleaded

RichA

Visit site
Our local Tesco last night had no diesel but plenty of unleaded. No queue.
Sainsbury's had a full supply of everything. A long, but very well marshalled queue through their car park kept the nearby roads clear and I was able to go from a nearly empty to completely full tank within 15 minutes of joining the queue.
I've never experienced range anxiety before (driving range excepted). It's an interesting insight into what electric car ownership will entail in a few years.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our local Tesco last night had no diesel but plenty of unleaded. No queue.
Sainsbury's had a full supply of everything. A long, but very well marshalled queue through their car park kept the nearby roads clear and I was able to go from a nearly empty to completely full tank within 15 minutes of joining the queue.
I've never experienced range anxiety before (driving range excepted). It's an interesting insight into what electric car ownership will entail in a few years.

Tbh I'm 8 months in and you really don't even think about it after a couple weeks

You know (If you can) that home is always available so like last night I had 27% .. this morning 88% (as I left an hour before the cheap hours ended) that 88% will easily do me rest of week including the weekend

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Things seem normal in my local region, no queues, no supply problems.
I wonder how much of the variation is due to the really small numbers of stations in the south east of England. I live in a town of 20000. We have one station. Our next door town is also 20000 and has one. There is another station between the two. So 40000 people and a pretty large hinterland of villages in addition to that. With 3 stations.
Dunbar (mentioned above) population 10000. 3 stations.

Our fuel distribution is so "efficient" that the tiniest thing can tip it over the edge. Same with food distribution with the consolidating of the sector into a tiny number of big players.

Down here, daily life hangs by a thread... (but the accountants are loving the cost efficiencies).

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You know (If you can) that home is always available so like last night I had 27% .. this morning 88% (as I left an hour before the cheap hours ended) that 88% will easily do me rest of week including the weekend

Ah, but I'll bet you pay through the nose for having that convenient way of refuelling without having to trawl around town looking for a garage with a queue. ;):whistle:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hold my hand up and offer apologies. I have hoarded 4 and am sure I will receive some abuse on here. unsure what to do if Tesco do not receive a supply soon.

I froze them in the freezer but hopefully if I use one MINCE PIE per week I should be OK until the end of October:p

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
FATOAe5VEAM6MVq

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We've now got local FB groups reporting on fuel availability.

I know one of the organisers. I might put a google maps pin on their address and label it a petrol station.

4LEX

Visit site
The petrol stations are to blame as well, they should have a £25 cap per customer to stop hoarding of fuel in cars or cans that simply isn't required. But they don't care, as they get to hike the prices up and make more money.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Romish rangernathan did a stand up few years back

He said if he was head of strategy for Isis he would advise them to stop this whole blowing up the west .. just mildy inconvenience people ..that really annoys us

Got to wonder if they watched it and got into British government planning

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just went and had a look for fuel within a mile radius of me , both out of action. I will chuck my mower petrol can in the boot and if I stop I will use that.

Likewise I will fill that up as well as the lawn will need mowing… what an utter waste of time all of this really is and the behaviour is horrific

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The petrol stations are to blame as well, they should have a £25 cap per customer to stop hoarding of fuel in cars or cans that simply isn't required. But they don't care, as they get to hike the prices up and make more money.

But how do you distinguish between those who are hoarding/buying more than they need and those who drive miles and don’t want to have to go through the battle of refilling every £25?

Must admit it’s a disgrace that the petrol stations are allowed to jack up prices, pure profiteering especially as there isn’t a shortage!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
But how do you distinguish between those who are hoarding/buying more than they need and those who drive miles and don’t want to have to go through the battle of refilling every £25?

Me and my colleagues can do anything from 150 to 1500 miles a week depending on job location, filling up £25 a time just wouldn't work. The hire van I currently have takes £95 to fill up for christs sake ?