Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Skier

Tour Winner
The military " commandeering", if necessary, the tankers means that the licenses you speak of ,don't come into it.
The military have drivers who can drive tankers. They have been given training how to load and unload fuel from them: they are tasked to drive the tankers and deliver fuel.
Licences? What licences. ? You are talking about the military!
Who have to have the same licences as the public to drive on public roads.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
This isn't a military junta situation🙄

This is a reassurance that something is being done to relieve a situation about which the public already have a concern.
When Drs are expressing concern that they cannot properly do their jobs because of this situation, then there is some concern, methinks.
If they are to be used so that the public can panic buy, apparently, according to the news they will be ready in 5 days.

larmen

Head Pro
Once the military is mobilised can they use it to hunt turkeys? I would like to see a SAS guy hunting one down. But then, we probably wouldn't see him, we would just suddenly not see the turkey anymore.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Drove past Asda at Dunbar twice on way to and from golf course, no queues either time, still limited to £30 worth each I think
Best news I have heard all,week. Staying in Dunbar for 3 nights on Sunday playing North Berwick on Monday and Goswick Links on Wednesday. If you read this which are the best restaurants in Dunbar please? Understand The Creel is closed

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Drove past Asda at Dunbar twice on way to and from golf course, no queues either time, still limited to £30 worth each I think
Strange how some areas are worse than others, finished work early so headed up to a Morissons not far from the customer (just off main road out of Newcastle). Pulled straight in, filled up with £65 worth of diesel and drove out, all stress free.

I don’t have any concerns, not sure where I wrote that. Having been the lackie for a few governments of all colours ranging from digging graves, picking up the public’s bins, flood and snow relief and being a non trained fireman I get slightly hacked of when a member of the public shouts for the military to deal with something that, if it wasn’t for the normal selfish public, is not required.
I’m afraid that i took as criticism your responses to my suggestions to mobilise the military - both yourself and others who liked your posts and posted similar criticism, And therefore i expect the same criticism and observations to be levelled at the government. Not holding my breath though.

Last edited:
Gosh, there are several threads that cannot be anything else... Given the context of what it replied to, I'd would have hoped that you would have seen the attempt at humour or the irony of certain left-leaning members of this esteemed forum calling for "troops on the streets!"

Apologies for any offence caused!

This situation is one of Joe Public's own making. Sadly.
Watch out though. Someone of my immediate acquaintance got a two week ban for posting a jokey politically flavoured response to a jokey political post.🙄

Old Skier

Tour Winner
I’m afraid that i took as criticism your responses to my suggestions to mobilise the military - both yourself and others who liked your posts and posted similar criticism, And therefore i expect the same criticism and observations to be levelled at the government. Not holding my breath though.
It was a criticism and members of the armed forces have not been mobilised, approx 400 have been put on standby for a couple of tasks if required.