Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Drove past Asda at Dunbar twice on way to and from golf course, no queues either time, still limited to £30 worth each I think
Best news I have heard all,week. Staying in Dunbar for 3 nights on Sunday playing North Berwick on Monday and Goswick Links on Wednesday. If you read this which are the best restaurants in Dunbar please? Understand The Creel is closed

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Drove past Asda at Dunbar twice on way to and from golf course, no queues either time, still limited to £30 worth each I think

Strange how some areas are worse than others, finished work early so headed up to a Morissons not far from the customer (just off main road out of Newcastle). Pulled straight in, filled up with £65 worth of diesel and drove out, all stress free.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I don’t have any concerns, not sure where I wrote that. Having been the lackie for a few governments of all colours ranging from digging graves, picking up the public’s bins, flood and snow relief and being a non trained fireman I get slightly hacked of when a member of the public shouts for the military to deal with something that, if it wasn’t for the normal selfish public, is not required.
I’m afraid that i took as criticism your responses to my suggestions to mobilise the military - both yourself and others who liked your posts and posted similar criticism, And therefore i expect the same criticism and observations to be levelled at the government. Not holding my breath though.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Gosh, there are several threads that cannot be anything else... Given the context of what it replied to, I'd would have hoped that you would have seen the attempt at humour or the irony of certain left-leaning members of this esteemed forum calling for "troops on the streets!"

Apologies for any offence caused!

This situation is one of Joe Public's own making. Sadly.
Watch out though. Someone of my immediate acquaintance got a two week ban for posting a jokey politically flavoured response to a jokey political post.?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m afraid that i took as criticism your responses to my suggestions to mobilise the military - both yourself and others who liked your posts and posted similar criticism, And therefore i expect the same criticism and observations to be levelled at the government. Not holding my breath though.
It was a criticism and members of the armed forces have not been mobilised, approx 400 have been put on standby for a couple of tasks if required.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It was a criticism and members of the armed forces have not been mobilised, approx 400 have been put on standby for a couple of tasks if required.
ah ok. So putting military at standbye to do something is not the same as and quite different to mobilising them to do something.

Now I might understand that, but do the ’idiots’ (not my description) out there appreciate the difference sufficient for them not to consider military at standby being an indicator of things possibly continuing or getting worse for a bit. Your concern.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

ah ok. So putting military at standbye to do something is not the same as mobilising them to do something. That’s ok then.

Time to take a breath - there are always units within the various branches that will be on standby for many different scenarios - floods are one of the more recent incidents , fire strikes etc etc

There will be a small amount of people who have had their leave cancelled for example or be put on 2 hour notice etc -

The military havent been “mobilised” as you say

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Time to take a breath - there are always units within the various branches that will be on standby for many different scenarios - floods are one of the more recent incidents , fire strikes etc etc

There will be a small amount of people who have had their leave cancelled for example or be put on 2 hour notice etc -

The military havent been “mobilised” as you say
I didn’t actually say they had been mobilised (though I did suggest that they should be ASAP) but the ‘idiots’ might not appreciate the difference. Anyway, 300 are being trained up to be deployed if needs must. This is a good thing as it indicates forward thinking.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
ah ok. So putting military at standbye to do something is not the same as and quite different to mobilising them to do something. That’s ok then. I might understand that, but do the ’idiots’ (not my description) out there appreciate the difference.

Standby - might be needed
Mobilised - forces actually doing something

I have no idea if the selfish idiots understand the difference but they are the ones that cry out for the forces every time they want there life made easy without a though how this might affect those that have to change their plans to satisfy their selfish whims.

You never know, some of these people may even had holidays or other things booked with their families. I hope you enjoyed your trip away.