Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have a couple of journeys this week so went in to station at Asda Dunbar, all pumps being used but no queues, limited to £30 each, just over half tank now so will need to drive nice and efficiency for the next week or so

See this is exactly what people should be doing if really panicked

Slow down. Maybe 50mph on the motorway. Really doesn't add that long to a trip and saves so much fuel

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People need to realise that more lorry drivers (whether from the Army/Navy/RAF or the EU) is not the answer to the fuel 'issue'. What we need is tanker drivers. May seem a bit pedantic but to drive a tanker you need other qualifications/certificates and just pulling a standard HGV driver into the job is not the answer if they can't drive the tanker or get the fuel from the tanker to the tanks in the filling stations. It is a bit more complicated than a lot of people seem to realise - but the extra drivers will be able to deliver our Christmas presents :ROFLMAO:

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Annoyingly, I could do with some fuel (down to 2 bars) but likely don't need the car until Thursday/Friday (working from home), so hopefully will be able to pop out on Wednesday to get some.
Drove past 3 stations on Saturday and 3 on Sunday on my usual route and all sold out

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Have a couple of journeys this week so went in to station at Asda Dunbar, all pumps being used but no queues, limited to £30 each, just over half tank now so will need to drive nice and efficiency for the next week or so
Watch out. I put in £20 and got pelters ??

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can someone let the people panic buying petrol know that the country is running very low on contraception!
Ive got plenty if anyone needs some, the woman in Boots asked me what size I needed so I said 'Large of course' Came out with a box of 500.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Top tip. If you want a stress free, hassle free existence then don’t work as a trade plater delivering cars in the midst of a nationwide fuel crisis. If anyone had any delusions that the message about there being no fuel shortage was getting through, think again. The behaviour I witnessed at times today was nothing short of moronic.

Having delivered a car near Wembley first thing I hopped on a bus for a 45 minute journey to Edgware. That journey would have extended to over 90 minutes, owing to the log jam at a roundabout where a filling station was located.

From the top deck of the bus I saw a queue about 20 deep of customers on foot carrying jerry cans. The queue of vehicles extended as far as I could see along the main road and round the roundabout itself, having a knock on effect on all the roads approaching the island. I got off and walked the last two miles to my next job.

Having collected that I travelled up the A1 and did not pass a single filling station with available fuel until I had less than 10 miles in the tank, almost at Peterborough. I literally needed 40 miles’ fuel to complete the delivery or I would have had to park the vehicle at the roadside.

Suffice to say, I am not going to even try to earn any money this week after the chaos today. It’s more hassle than it’s worth. Still, as long as everyone can leave their fully refuelled cars on the driveway, you know, just in case they need to drive them in the next week or so, I’m happy to set my livelihood to one side for their benefit.

The world has gone absolutely bonkers.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
At the beginning of the pandemic when we ran out of everything, they later released stats that it was something like only 8% (or 5% ?) of people that were panic buying. It doesn’t take a lot to tipple an equilibrium of supply and demand.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Bonkers indeed......... you're right. I wonder why folk feel the need to run out there with Jerry Cans... they cant all have just run out somewhere up the road. How long before we see pics of these folk on Facebook selling the cans for daft prices.

Shortage caused by panic... as the guy said on the news, there is actually more fuel going to stations than normal. There's still a percentage of folk working from home and not commuting. Wallies will be wallies.