Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There was fuel at the the Morrisons in Aldershot yesterday
I’ll let my friend know - though I might just pop along for her as it’s only a couple or three miles away.? But given status of Farnham filling stations 20mims ago I’m thinking it may not have any now…

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ll let my friend know - though I might just pop along for her as it’s only a couple or three miles away.? But given status of Farnham filling stations 20mims ago I’m thinking it may not have any now…
Bit of a queue at the traffic lights turning in because of cars going into car park but had someone out controlling movement.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I had way over half a tank when the panic started. Went to Tesco/Texaco yesterday morning at 10:45 and only 3 of the 12 pumps were occupied. Much quieter than usual.
So many drivers still seem intent on using as much fuel as possible in as short a distance as possible by driving like idiots.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Easing up a bit here now. Most petrol stations have fuel and queues much shorter, or no queue at all in some cases.

Hopefully deliveries keep coming and if petrol stations manage to avoid running out in between, we'll be back to normal in a few days

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am on the south coast and the situation has been quite difficult, just happened to go past Sainsbury's this morning, no queue and plenty of fuel. Took the opportunity to fill up.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Now you tourists have gone plenty for us :)

Very true, was down near Borth for a wedding at the weekend and there wasn't any issue in the filling stations down there. I was stupid really, should have filled up before the journey home but didn't bother as I had comfortably enough to get me back. By the time I got home it was back to the now familiar sight of either mad queues or empty filling stations that had run out.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Having my lunch in Tesco's car park, as I do, and I witnessed the formation of a queue.
As I drove in there was a tanker at the filling station which was closed.
1 car was waiting at the entrance, others turned round.
I went in to get my sandwich, 10 minutes later the queue was around the car park and out onto the road..
Guess we still have a problem here....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Dogging in Tesco's car park, as I do, and I witnessed the formation of a queue.
As I drove in there was a tanker at the filling station which was closed.
1 car was waiting at the entrance, others turned round.
I went in to get my sandwich, 10 minutes later the queue was around the car park and out onto the road..
Guess we still have a problem here....

Fixed it for you mate ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm all petrolled up so I can relax again. First two stations we tried were either sold out or had diesel only, then the third one was a BP garage, same one I got petrol from ten days ago actually, had petrol and the queue wasn't really that long. Took us only about 15-20 minutes overall.

Irritatingly ironic that normally a full tank would last me 4 weeks, but sod's law I'm doing more driving this week and next than ever before.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The military are being used to help deliver fuel. So public money in the form of wages and training costs are being spent to help private companies make money. What incentive is there for these companies to solve driver shortages when they get bailed out by tax payers money in the form of the military delivering goods for them?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Drove past 3 stations on my shopping trip today, 1 was open, no queue and selling. Could have stopped but don’t need it yet.

Car came of the court right in front of me, stalled a few seconds later. Best case would be air in the system and hopefully starting before the battery goes flat; worst case would be petrol in a diesel when the tank was dry.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@ColchesterFC I would expect the companies are paying for the pleasure of the 'contractors' that have been brought in. Hopefully at market rate, maybe more, money going back to the Treasury.

This is embarrassing for those companies involved, BP being the main one. It's a PR disaster and they will not want a repeat.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The military are being used to help deliver fuel. So public money in the form of wages and training costs are being spent to help private companies make money. What incentive is there for these companies to solve driver shortages when they get bailed out by tax payers money in the form of the military delivering goods for them?

Or public money is being used to keep the economy moving and averting a longer problem? :) Depends on how you see it.

I guess the police could have patrolled forecourts last week and nicked anyone filling up with more a 1/4 tank full:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Maybe that'd have a few foaming at the mouth