Pairs partner doesn't show

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Running a Ryder Cup style 4BBB competition on Saturday and at the moment only have 39 players , if this stays the same how could the 3 players who aren't in a four have a competitive match ? Should the single player have a blind partner who scores a nett par on every hole or some other way ?
Cheers

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's tough. I would either..

Double his score or take the fields average and add that to his score ....I would give him the choice

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'd pull a ghost score from another player in the field and put it with the single (& from within his team if by RC you mean two teams of 10 pairs)

Lots of ways to identify the ghost, could be just drawn or use the sponsor if they're playing etc

D

Deleted Member 1156

If one of the players has a significantly lower handicap than the other two then you could make him the single player against the other two. Play off scratch, the pairs best ball against his. If the handicaps are fairly similar then not sure what your best option would be.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can't make I fair - anything you do will always be considered to influence the result of that game (either way).
Personally I would simply let the match play as scheduled ie 1 v 2; unless the opposition go down to a single as Jim suggested.

steadyeddy

Medal Winner
Visit site
The singleton could play a singles match against the pair taking each one on alternately, i.e. player on own plays against player 1 on hole 1 & then against player 2 on hole 2 and so on.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You can't make I fair - anything you do will always be considered to influence the result of that game (either way).
Personally I would simply let the match play as scheduled ie 1 v 2; unless the opposition go down to a single as Jim suggested.

What happened in the end? Did the OP get an extra player or another drop out and what method did he use?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well managed to get 36 together , had 5 drop outs on the day before then two replacements !!!! But then second fourball off and the one guy failed to show so the lowest guy played for Europe team on the first hole and the USA on the second and did this for holes 3 and 4 until the missing guy turned up , very very hungover claiming alarm didn't go off !!! :oops: