Outside to in swing.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
To be fair, the OP didn't ask that, he just asked for a drill to help with an out to in swing.
If I had the luxury of seeing the Ops set-up and swing and he had the problems you mentioned then of course I'd address them probably by using video to show what he was doing.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Whatever method is used, it almost certainly fails to fix the fundamental cause though! Is stacking an adjustment onto a fault really good for the swing?

If I had the luxury of seeing the Ops set-up and swing and he had the problems you mentioned then of course I'd address them probably by using video to show what he was doing.

Thanks for the vote of confidence then.

And the drill would be a good grooving/confirmation/reinforcement that the changes had the desired effect.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm confused :confused:

Why is it, when someone asks for some help/advice/drills etc and get a response from a/any helpful forum member then invariably the next response is to critique said helpful response and invariably in a negative way?

IF any helpful person has an alternative piece of advice then go ahead and offer it??

Or am I being naive?!

For the OP - I used the headcover drill although my teaching pro (who is also a PGA Pro :rolleyes:) used a piece of old foam. I used an empty range ball basket and hit the flipping thing a mile. It was an absolute total eureka moment and corrected my in to out swing and fades and slices became a thing of the past - unless I want one of course :thup:

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
At the end of the day either try the drill I have told you about or do Bobs they are nearly both the same with a few small differences as Bob said. Trust me after time they will work. By making you swing on a better path it will help you address the ball better and improve your posture and set up without you even knowing.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site

Why is it, when someone asks for some help/advice/drills etc and get a response from a/any helpful forum member then invariably the next response is to critique said helpful response and invariably in a negative way?

IF any helpful person has an alternative piece of advice then go ahead and offer it??

Or am I being naive?!

For the OP - I used the headcover drill although my teaching pro (who is also a PGA Pro :rolleyes:) used a piece of old foam. I used an empty range ball basket and hit the flipping thing a mile. It was an absolute total eureka moment and corrected my in to out swing and fades and slices became a thing of the past - unless I want one of course :thup:

Agreed Amanda.

Foxholer picked a fight with Ethan over Tendonitis and now picks one with Bob?

Sounds like a jack of all and master of hehaw to me.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
At the end of the day either try the drill I have told you about or do Bobs they are nearly both the same with a few small differences as Bob said. Trust me after time they will work. By making you swing on a better path it will help you address the ball better and improve your posture and set up without you even knowing.

:thup:

Moleman

Visit site
To be fair I did ask for a drill to help control an out to in swing which is exactly what I got, I appreciate the two guys who posted the videos and tips, tried it out in the garden for a bit and I could already feel my downswing noticeably different as I was conscious of moving the club head throught the 'gate'. Big difference in ball flight too! :)

Thanks chaps!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Or am I being naive?!

For the OP - I used the headcover drill although my teaching pro (who is also a PGA Pro :rolleyes:) used a piece of old foam. I used an empty range ball basket and hit the flipping thing a mile. It was an absolute total eureka moment and corrected my out to in swing and fades and slices became a thing of the past - unless I want one of course :thup:

Correction!!!