Outdoor sauna any joiners on the forum

HPIMG

Visit site
I want to put a outdoor sauna in my garden and ones I’ve seen online as far as I can tell there not insulated. I am guessing for a skilled joiner this would be really quite a fast and easy job to do ? And would a outdoor sauna need to be insulated?
If there are any joiners in Glasgow area I’m looking for a outdoor sauna and plunge pool to be installed probably at end of November drop me a pm please.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I want to put a outdoor sauna in my garden and ones I’ve seen online as far as I can tell there not insulated. I am guessing for a skilled joiner this would be really quite a fast and easy job to do ? And would a outdoor sauna need to be insulated?
If there are any joiners in Glasgow area I’m looking for a outdoor sauna and plunge pool to be installed probably at end of November drop me a pm please.

We had this put in a couple of years ago…..

209EC3D5-A46D-4059-9FE7-8685CE15C680.jpeg

Got a carpenter to do it and I was glad I did as it did not go together as easily as I expected. Took him 3 days including building and painting the little deck. I sorted the electrics, again it needed a bit of messing with to get it right.

It’s not massive, you can get in 6 snugly and 4 comfortably (although my son got 8 in somehow!) No insulation required but I wish I had built some sort of pergola over it to protect it from the weather.

HPIMG

Visit site
We had this put in a couple of years ago…..

View attachment 44825

Got a carpenter to do it and I was glad I did as it did not go together as easily as I expected. Took him 3 days including building and painting the little deck. I sorted the electrics, again it needed a bit of messing with to get it right.

It’s not massive, you can get in 6 snugly and 4 comfortably (although my son got 8 in somehow!) No insulation required but I wish I had built some sort of pergola over it to protect it from the weather.
Yes that’s the style I’ve been looking at and going to add the log burner heater. 4 people would be idea for me. So does it keep the heat in well enough without insulation? Not sure if I should just buy a pre built sauna or get a joiner to make me one that’s insulated.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yes that’s the style I’ve been looking at and going to add the log burner heater. 4 people would be idea for me. So does it keep the heat in well enough without insulation? Not sure if I should just buy a pre built sauna or get a joiner to make me one that’s insulated.

Keeps the heat in fine. Mine was from UKSaunas, had to wait about 6 months for delivery, it finally came in a huge crate from somewhere in Scandinavia in about 500 pieces. The YouTube video they put out as instructions are a bit misleading and my chippy had to phone them up a few times for clarity.

One of the best things I ever bought myself tbh.

Re your last point, if you can get a joiner to make one with insulation that would be ideal I reckon, and using a log burner would be nicer than using Leccy…My chippy put photos of mine on his Facebook page and got loads of enquiries!