Our FREE to access new gear mag has launched!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Looks good and I think just the right amount of content - short and sweet. Any longer and you might start to lose people's interest.

A minor snag, I couldnt find a way to blow the video up to fullscreen or zoom in. Not a problem in most cases but I struggled to read the eye chart on Neil's Ping video.

assume this was looking at it on a phone? If you just flip the phone while the video is playing it goes to landscape full screen but never known a video embeded within a page that you can zoom in on?

I do appreciate thew annoyance of being kicked back to the start when you then go back to the page - its a software issue that we have asked the provider to look at

Mobile really is for vewing content well, when you're mobile so think there will always be some compromise there

desktop with view toggled to full screen is IMO the best format - videos autoplay and no issue being kicked out

we had to lock to portrait on mobile (and by default tablet) othwerwise text was totally unreadable if users tried to rotate to landscape in mobile

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Glad it's not just me. Like the concept, don't like being forced into portrait mode on the iPad mini, and then not being able to enlarge the screen text to read it. Some text blew up large but then couldn't move it to read the text off screen. Not the best viewing experience - unfortunately gave up at that point.

Maybe there's a mobile viewing option I've missed? Otherwise, needs one.

you needed to enlarge text to read it on an ipad mini? maybe you should change your username to Mr Magoo!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very good , wouldnt be a gear freak sorta guy , realy enjoyed the pro v piece , always use them but must admit in a blind test couldnt tell the difference , will use club 2's club to get a sleeve of the new ones, doubt il notice it tho ha

Stat man piece was good , amazing its still pen & paper collecting style ,
oh to be young again and go lookg for jobs like them ha

Great job Mike , enjoyed it will defo keep having a look

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Brilliant, very impressed and about time. After the forum page , the gear section if the first page i read in the mag so am now a happy bunny with this . Don't have to flick through 30 pages of instruction to find what i'm looking for anymore !!!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
assume this was looking at it on a phone? If you just flip the phone while the video is playing it goes to landscape full screen but never known a video embeded within a page that you can zoom in on?

I do appreciate thew annoyance of being kicked back to the start when you then go back to the page - its a software issue that we have asked the provider to look at

Mobile really is for vewing content well, when you're mobile so think there will always be some compromise there

desktop with view toggled to full screen is IMO the best format - videos autoplay and no issue being kicked out

we had to lock to portrait on mobile (and by default tablet) othwerwise text was totally unreadable if users tried to rotate to landscape in mobile

Hi Mike, no I was viewing on a PC and I tried both IE and Chrome to see if it made any difference - but it didnt and therefore doesnt seem browser related.

Its not a problem if you cant zoom per se, but something to consider if the video content is sometimes tables/charts with small text as was the case in Neil's vid.