Attention Game Golf users! New official Golf Monthly challenge launched

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
Hi guys,

We've been talking to the Game Golf team for a while now, who are keen to make the most of our forum's Game Golf following, and after putting our heads together we've come up with the Golf Monthly Open Championship, a 'Best Nett Score' challenge with some great tour pro signed goodies as prizes.

For all the details see my story here:http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/...open-championship-launched-on-game-golf-73416

To sign-up, go to the challenge page on your Game Golf mobile app, or visit the Game Golf website here: http://www.gamegolf.com/challenges/1454/leaderboard

This challenge is running until the week after The Open at St Andrews, so please use this thread to post any updates on your rounds, screen shots of of good (or terrible shots), and any general feedback on using the Game Golf device or new free mobile app, which their guys will hopefully try and respond to when possible.

Happy golfing!

D

Deleted member 16999

I know this might be a daft question ...... But is this not really easy for someone to cheat on ?
Why? Does owning a GG device affect our integrity?

Last edited by a moderator:

walliams8

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why? Does owning a GG device affect our integrity?

I'm not really sure how the app works as I have only just downloaded it . But I imagine it's a case of inputting your shots into the app ...... Sure there are plenty out there who will miss the odd shot ....

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
I'm not really sure how the app works as I have only just downloaded it . But I imagine it's a case of inputting your shots into the app ...... Sure there are plenty out there who will miss the odd shot ....

As with any type of social golf competition not bound by cards and markers signatures, there is a relatively straight forward way of cheating that can't be avoided.

However, as Paul says, it's still the same moral parameters, so we can only hope people play honestly.

D

Deleted member 18121

I know this might be a daft question ...... But is this not really easy for someone to cheat on ?

with the guy top on the leaderboard shooting a -2 under 69 when his scores normally are around 80.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
18 pars or better, 89% GIR. Pretty impressive round on the first day of the GM Challenge......

Feeling like a decent round coming on tomorrow. Expect to see a round of 54 popping up on GG tomorrow ;)

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
18 pars or better, 89% GIR. Pretty impressive round on the first day of the GM Challenge......

Feeling like a decent round coming on tomorrow. Expect to see a round of 54 popping up on GG tomorrow ;)

While the main push will be though our forum to get the chat and feedback going, this challenge is on GG's site openly, so by the looks of it there will be a few non-forum entries shooting forum style scores!

DaveL

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm in. I set up a challenge for 15+ handicappers, and the first person to sign up played off less than 12. It's a pity you can't eject people off the challenges who don't qualify and that way it could truly be a GM challenge

D

Deleted member 16999

First round posted Jake, level to Handicap, one question, will the scores be sorted via actual Handicap or Game Golf Handicap? :whoo: