ORKA Woods/Putters

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I know there are many ORKArites and fans on these boards so this is the best place to ask I think.

I have read the reviews on here of the irons and they were unanimously good, I have read other reviews and it seems ORKA really do excel in irons especially the forged stuff, and I will be buying a new iron set this year, just got to arrange a fitting with Alex.

Just wondering if anyone here uses or has used their woods or putter. By whole bag needs a revamp so could be tempted to buy some new woods and a putter if the starts align.

But as woods and putters aren't forged I wasn't sure if ORKA were as strong in this area, the prices I have managed to glean from the internet are very reasonable, especially the woods considering what the new OEM drivers cost nowadays.

Any reviews would be gladly received

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still have a 3 wood and 2 hybrids in my bag as well as a full set of wedges. Had other clubs since I bought them but keep coming back to these. They are the older GS5 model but they just work.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
my friend is a dealer in the Midlands. i really rate the irons and wedges but their woods are miles behind the market imo.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
he persuaded one of my mates to have an orka 3 wood. the ball speed wasn't even close to his titlest 917 3 wood

Thanks, will look elsewhere for woods. I'm intrigued with the new mizuno st180.

Do you know anything about the ORKA putters

D

Deleted member 23270

he persuaded one of my mates to have an orka 3 wood. the ball speed wasn't even close to his titlest 917 3 wood

A 3 wood is a 'gap' club it's not all about pure distance. I want mine to fill the gap between my driver and my hybrid.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Previously their wood offering has definitely been weaker than their irons for me, the latest ranges however are a massive improvement. Alex has just built me a reflex 3 wood, the numbers it gives me are excellent and at least comparable to the main oem brands for me.

The RS10 and Reflex drivers are also a massive improvement over their previous offering imo, just cant justify the cost of a new driver currently

Go compare them to what else you are considering, you may be pleasantly surprised

As for putters, far more a subjective thing. I had a brief look at their new putter range and walked away before I spent anymore money, but like most putters, some will like then and some wont, find one that works for you

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
Alex will look after you really well. He won't try to sell you anything, he'll just suggest what's best for you based on stats. Everything is custom built for you, no such thing as standard.

Personally I like the Orka woods and hybrids. Try them and see what you think. As for the putters I think there is a new range out now. Again, doesn't hurt to look.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
As probably the most ORKAised person on here (Alex is one of my best mates) - i would say -

the irons are second to none.
The putters (i have one) are forged and the new ones ARC are form forged (whatever that means) - they are also brilliant

The woods arent as good they would like them to be but they are making massive strides in that area, one of the old 3 woods is one of the best clubs i have ever hit, it only came out of the bag because it developed a rattle that we couldn't fix