Opinions on changing driver pls

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
not sure there are any massive gains to be made on changing drivers, unless what you have is wildley unsuitable.
Which is where I am with my G10 (I might yet be looking for that shaft you have offered :) ). Most folks who have played with me over the years have commented upon how good my game is off the tee (with my G10).

I just have to decide whether potentially marginal gains are worth the £400 they'll cost me when that money could be well spent on new irons, fairway woods and hybrids - all of which are likely to be replaced in same timescales. The other thing I have to consider (sadly) is whether or not a re-shafted 9* G10 will continue to suit me for another 7-10 years.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Which is where I am with my G10 (I might yet be looking for that shaft you have offered :) ). Most folks who have played with me over the years have commented upon how good my game is off the tee (with my G10).

I just have to decide whether potentially marginal gains are worth the £400 they'll cost me when that money could be well spent on new irons, fairway woods and hybrids - all of which are likely to be replaced in same timescales. The other thing I have to consider (sadly) is whether or not a re-shafted 9* G10 will continue to suit me for another 7-10 years.
in saying that the Pro launch red in stiff takes some hitting, you never know, senior flex might be more suited to you now, after all you are getting on a bit now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
in saying that the Pro launch red in stiff takes some hitting, you never know, senior flex might be more suited to you now, after all you are getting on a bit now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You are not wrong - just too correct in fact :sleep:

As it happens I manage just brill with the Pro launch red in stiff. It's what came with the club (it was my pros discard) and I just taught myself to hit it - didn't take that long - a couple of rounds and I had it sorted. We'll see.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
You are not wrong - just too correct in fact :sleep:

As it happens I manage just brill with the Pro launch red in stiff. It's what came with the club (it was my pros discard) and I just taught myself to hit it - didn't take that long - a couple of rounds and I had it sorted. We'll see.
its yours if you want it, not used it in years and just sitting in my spares bag under the stairs

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
its yours if you want it, not used it in years and just sitting in my spares bag under the stairs
Just remember Pings are 0.350 not 0.335 and need a shim ...

I have worked on my driver this summer. It became evident that I really needed to get the technique right. I did try the Mizuno driver, but the poor old fitter just could not better my eBay rogue, with its lightweight MPS stiff shaft. I was at 11.5 degrees and really having to hit up to get it to launch. But now I am down at 9 degrees and the centre of the face is looking a bit worn .. I have sold a load of stuff and my intention is to get a proper fitted driver, I feel ready now with my technique.
I am currently in Sweden where I treated myself to a 2nd hand set of clubs, I have a ping G400 SFT, which the shop assistant just gave me to try and I was just hitting it well with my crap swing. I am thinking I could just get a shaft in the U.K. and take the head off and pop it in my hand luggage when I come home ... but the wife might ask silly questions. That way I could have the same driver ... because I think the 10 degree head is right, I leave the face a bit open and this closes it down for me making the right side of the course redundant. I just need to work out the shafts as I have a regular in it, and if I should get the same or change spec..