Open qualifying

D

Deleted member 1147

A couple of local lads are trying at Kedleston so I'll probably wonder up and see who does what

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Conor Gough who won the British Boys and played in British Masters is playing final qualifying. One of our members is his PE teacher and very excited as he thinks he has a squeak. Personally as he shot +7 for two rounds at Hillside I can't see it

User20204

Visit site
It's incredibly tough to get through, very small margins with very small numbers qualifying but you gotta be in it to win it as they say.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd imagine brutally tough for people to get into this these days.

Back in the day, there was probably a fair few amatuers and club pros that could get in - but the depth in the game is just too huge now.

Final qualifying will likely involve dozens of European Tour pros, including guys like David Law, Bob MacIntrye, Oliver Wilson, Ryan Fox, Guido Migliozzi - who have won events in the past year.
Possibly also the likes of Monty, Olazabel, Jiminez will tee it up as well.

He's trying to play it down, saying it's a bit of a laugh - but as a professional sportsman he will be of the mindset that he is going to at least get through the 1st stage.

D

Deleted member 1147

If I remember correctly, 3 under par was the lowest score at Kedleston last year. Which doesn't sound that great, but that is 7 under SSS off the blue tees :eek:.
Even the mini tour players make scratch look pretty crap, so even if someone gets through first stage it's up against top 50 in the world amateurs and tour pro's in the final stage.

Good luck to him (y)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Mate of mine got right through to St Andrews in 95. Last game out on Friday needed a birdie to make the cut. Drove the green then 3 stabbed!

D

Deleted member 15344

Hawksby I assume? Theres a couple playing Ive been properly stuffed by haha :)

Will be following a couple of the Brocket pros I have played with in pro ams, esp Mark Laskey

Yeah there are a couple names I recognise from Pro Am etc - yeah but it was about 4 years ago before he hit plus figures 😂