Online Betting Sites

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never bothered with online betting before - mainly because I dont bet very often. But lockdown 2 means I wont be able to go down the bookies to place my bet for the Masters. So I'm thinking of signing up somewhere. Any particular pitfalls to be wary of? Are the sign up offers as straightforward as they appear to be. And most importantly, is it relatively easy to get your winnings out? (Assuming one's been astute enough to back a winner that is. Cant see this likely to be an issue to tax me much). Is it fairly straightforward to cancel an account (or at least let it go dormant). Any advice appreciated.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Use one of the mainstream sites and youll be fine.

Yes withdrawing should be straightforward (back to the method you use to deposit with)

Yes you can cancel an account at any time (they have to offer this under problem gambling rules)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As to which account, if the main reason is the masters, skybet are paying 11 places, paddypower/betfair are paying 10 if you want to bet each way. If youre looking for the best all round option currently (better outright prices, sign up offer etc) Id probably look to bet365

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
As to which account, if the main reason is the masters, skybet are paying 11 places, paddypower/betfair are paying 10 if you want to bet each way. If youre looking for the best all round option currently (better outright prices, sign up offer etc) Id probably look to bet365
Ta.

I'll do a bit more browsing on the "offers" front. Had seen that Skybet were doing 11 places - but seemed their odds were rather lower than some. I guess that's just the counterside off 11 places and in the end, you just go for what seems attractive to you?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ta.

I'll do a bit more browsing on the "offers" front. Had seen that Skybet were doing 11 places - but seemed their odds were rather lower than some. I guess that's just the counterside off 11 places and in the end, you just go for what seems attractive to you?

Yep more places lower prices albeit there is the odd stand out. Skybet been doing this for a few days so a lot of their prices have shortened further, likely better value elsewhere currently, does depend whether you want to bet EW or win mainly

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bet365 cuurently only offering 5 places e/w (to me, anyway). Surprised it's not at least 7. Antepost win only betting on golf is not a niche I want to be part of!

D

Deleted member 1740

Just don’t expect them to lay a decent bet if you win a few quid?

D

Deleted member 1740

Bet365 have the better offers usually but I prefer PaddyPower.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You do realise that if he hits one shot, you don't get your money back when he spangs something on his second shot?
The adrenaline rush is part of the joy he gives me...
I normally chuck a bit on yjs to ensure that I'm not too miserable if he wins. I live in fear that I accidentally sold my soul to the (hopefully non existent) devil as he was standing on the 12th tee back in 2016 when I hadn't backed him....
You see, the last thing I gambles for is to win money (luckily)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Used to have a PaddyPower account and had a really good run about 6 years ago. Banked the lot and closed the account. Not had a bet since.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My only ever account is with Bet365, I'm not a heavy gambler. I did go through a spell betting the next goal would a penalty, the odds use start at 10/1 and got better as the game went on, I won a far bit, but decided to quit while i was ahead. They must've got stung because now the odds start at 6/1 and don't get that high :cry:.
You can't withdraw your winnings immediately after a win, it can take a few days for it to be transferred to your account , but you can use it to put another bet on immediately.
A few of my mates take it seriously and have numerous accounts with different companies.
An account is ideal because you can be watching a game LIVE and bet when you see how it's panning out, and can only bet as much as you put into your betting account.