One sentence swing thoughts and tips.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I really dont like that drill, it promotes a slice if your not careful.
Towel under both armpits then? My friend was playing really badly yesterday (shanks, tops, snap hooks, fats) and I could see that his arms were getting away from his body in the follow through. I suggested the head cover under the left armpit drill and he immediately started playing well again, so don't knock it!

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Exit left.

I tend to come very in to out - measured on GC2 at about 11 degrees. Lots of push-fades with an occasional hook. Those two words get my path to within a couple of degrees, and I can feel it if I get it right. Then if it curves away it's more than likely that my strike is off. First got this one from my pro who used some more hi-tech coaching apparatus after seeing my path on GC2. He drew a chalk line in front of my ball on the mat, curving away left. Told me to follow the arrow as I swing through, jobs a good'un, beauty of a shot.

Also, my next one is "slow down". Especially if I get a bit frustrated, I can rush from the top, get everything out of whack and top it. Leads to more frustration, keep topping it, etc etc.

So two for the price of one there, or if you want... Slow down, exit left. Four words that help me a lot out on the course.

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I always try and think about boobs during my swing. That way if I hit a bad shot it's not that bad because I'm thinking about boobs.

Boobs are nice.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Swiiiiiiiiiing Slooooooow

So wise. I keep trying but I keep forgetting. Some need to rip it but this one works for me.

Oh, and don't bend your left arm. Blast, I'm up to two thoughts. Swiiiiiiiiing Slooooooow and don't bend your arm. Not as catchy but essential for me.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Swing thoughts????? You mean what are you thinking about as you swing the club? NOTHING. I just concentrate on the hitting the ball.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I try to get all my swing thoughts out the way in my practice swing behind the ball. When I step in I'm just thinking alignment and target.

If I have any swing thought in my head over the ball I'll make a real mess of it. Don't know why, but I know from experience that's the case, so I get it out the way before I step in.

D

Deleted member 21258

I normally have one of two things on my mind:-

Focus on the target

or

Swing as fast as I can whilst making contact. (normally this one, whoops!)

Then immediately after contact hope for compensating errors in the swing/hit to get the ball to fly to the target fairly straight!!!