One Plane Golf Swing

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have slow responding legs and hips and like the one plane rotary idea

Trying to get my arms to drop and hips to shift etc etc in the 2 plane swing just didnt work

The more connected simpler 1 plane swing may give me less body parts to worry about

I have the core strength just hard to move the lower half way before the upper

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Don't know- or even heard about- the one plane or rotary swing until recently. I've always persevered or even struggled with the 'conventional' swing but looking at this, one thing just hits me in the face. I've always been more 'comfortable' with bringing the arms inside naturally and baseball plane as opposed to upright plane is more natural to my eye and feel.
When I did I was worried I'd get too flat and have all the associated issues. A cross between one plane and rotary might work well for me but I'll need to read up on it, so where's best to start chaps that will give me what I need to try it and make a decision?

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't know- or even heard about- the one plane or rotary swing until recently. I've always persevered or even struggled with the 'conventional' swing but looking at this, one thing just hits me in the face. I've always been more 'comfortable' with bringing the arms inside naturally and baseball plane as opposed to upright plane is more natural to my eye and feel.
When I did I was worried I'd get too flat and have all the associated issues. A cross between one plane and rotary might work well for me but I'll need to read up on it, so where's best to start chaps that will give me what I need to try it and make a decision?

The rotary swings is the baby of a guy called Chuck Quinton and If you out his name in YouTube you get his channel come up with some of the free videos.

But the best place to go for it is www.rotarygolfswing.com this is the official website and you can get the full details there of te method. You can also sign up for access to the full amount of free videos or alternatively go te whole hog as I have and sign up with the paid for method where you get full access and get online video feed back from him and his qualified coaches (but there is plenty of the free stuff if that what you prefer).

There's also a free iPhone/iPad/iPod app through the App Store that has all the free videos on it and the paid for ones if you do the paid for sign up as well.

Hope that's of some use. Happy hunting.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
For no idea why when I post on this thread my initial response go off to be vetted in mod land.

So hopefully my full response to DV will be up soon but if not I'll post quick link in this one. www.rotarygolfswing.com the official site has the works

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I said i was going to disappear for a few months and concentrate on my game...But been dipping in and out and saw this thread......

This might help explain things to some if they have any questions.........

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/golf_international_mag/features/plane_talking.html

Good link that, I like the way Hardy comes across as if he practically invented the one-plane swing :confused:... wonder if he gets as slated for that as Plummer and Bennett do for their 'swing model'... I doubt it.

Oh,.... and welcome to the forum :ears:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good link that, I like the way Hardy comes across as if he practically invented the one-plane swing :confused:... wonder if he gets as slated for that as Plummer and Bennett do for their 'swing model'... I doubt it.

Oh,.... and welcome to the forum :ears:

Thanks James.....:thup:
Hard to stay away......Ya i actually laughed myself when i read that bit.......But i think that it explains in pretty good detail about the differences in the planes of a golf swing......

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went for my first lesson of 2013, haven't had one since may last year and my pro wants to start developing my swing plane to be a one plane swing.

I currently swing right to the top, with my elbows up in the air, just outside the plane. I make good contact but sometimes cause a few issues. Started working on it with him today and it seems good. Need to do some headcover drills at home and try it on the range next week. Feels weird as I'm used to my arms stretching up high.. Seemed to make a big difference in the driver too.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played today using my one plane swing keeping arms connected and a more round the body swing

results were good, and discovered my pull had been cured ( nearly ) apart from when i forgot about my right arm connection

I will stick with it as my drivers were straighter and longer, seems to suit me more than 2ps

efdeel

Visit site
Been 6 years...hope everyone getting better at the game.

I love single plane swing. The consistency is amazing.

my single plane pitching:

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the system at all and while I did see some initial progress it wasn't ever a swing plane I was ever overly happy with and my teaching pro who was a Plane Truth qualified coach decided I was better off going two plane
Different swings for different people. Whatever works for you is the one to go with (y).

I'm not sure how many planes my swing has. I'm not sure I want them counted :LOL:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Nothing wrong with the system at all and while I did see some initial progress it wasn't ever a swing plane I was ever overly happy with and my teaching pro who was a Plane Truth qualified coach decided I was better off going two plane

Two planes, that's a lot of carbon footprint, better off with a single Biplane :)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The best Swing I've seen you do was a fairly flat, much shorter backswing that was on your old YouTube channel.

Funny enough it was around the time when you played 10. Why you dont attempt to go back to that I'll never know.

Maybe that was during your one plane era.