One Drive

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
What would Outlook offer me above what I use now, I actually thought I was using outlook through Microsoft Edge? It's where I imported all my GMAIL and alias email addresses into, there's even a section in there called 365 Exchange, whatever that is? But under my default email address in settings, it states Outlook.com?

Think they are different versions of outlook. The subs one is a desktop app and has more features, but if the one you use through a browser is fine then no real need to upgrade. Also to confuse things Edge is upgrading to Chromium Edge now. Which is actually quite good from my use of it. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4501095/download-the-new-microsoft-edge-based-on-chromium

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yeah it’s confusing

Outlook is the email program packaged with Office,

Outlook.com is the webmail based app for email

If you are happy with what you have, I’d stick with it

Fish

Banned
Visit site
OK thanks everyone, I've learned a bit more, and as such I've pulled the trigger on the £1.99 per month for 100GB as when I went into it, its states I can cancel at any time and upgrade if necessary, so that's a win-win I think without having to outlay anything greater than I need to for nothing really extra than what I have already, except the extra storage.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
OK thanks everyone, I've learned a bit more, and as such I've pulled the trigger on the £1.99 per month for 100GB as when I went into it, its states I can cancel at any time and upgrade if necessary, so that's a win-win I think without having to outlay anything greater than I need to for nothing really extra than what I have already, except the extra storage.

Tbh I don't bother with office at all anymore

I use Google docs and Google sheets for My word and spreadsheet needs

All stored in my 15gb drive

No yearly cost and no upfront cost

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
With Home & Student, you get Word, excel , PowerPoint and onenote ( nobody in the world has ever used onenote)

With 365 you also get Outlook for emails and Access the database program.

That extra 100Gb sounds like a decent deal if you don’t want the extra programs

Very bold statement, used a lot at my old job to share information about different programming scripts etc
Maybe it's just you :p

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Does no-one partition their hard drives for save to areas that are safe and secure?

Yeah I had a customer who did that

“Everything is backed up to a separate drive” he said

He didn’t realise that actually everything was on the same physical drive, so when it went pop, he had to spend a fortune to get his data back from a recovery lab

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I had a customer who did that

“Everything is backed up to a separate drive” he said

He didn’t realise that actually everything was on the same physical drive, so when it went pop, he had to spend a fortune to get his data back from a recovery lab
Thats what I do, but have a second copy hard-drive as well:)

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve got OneDrive just backing up the bare essentials so it doesn’t get too full. I use iCloud for photos as it’s cheaper and easier.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do have a personal cloud in my house that I set up ... WD cloud , twin hardrives that one backs up the other just incase

2tb each so plenty of storage

That's where the important stuff is kept