Olympics

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Womens golf is on the red button for any insomniacs. Theyve made some accommodation for the heat in terms of umbrellas, ice stations, water etc but going to be tough out there

talk that it may become a 54 hole event with weather worries at the weekend too

D-S

Visit site
Womens golf is on the red button for any insomniacs. Theyve made some accommodation for the heat in terms of umbrellas, ice stations, water etc but going to be tough out there

talk that it may become a 54 hole event with weather worries at the weekend too
Nelly KordA didn’t seem to find it tough though, not many double bogey the last for a 61.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have to say was also gutted for KJT ?

I do have to question why some big names think it was OK to travel knowing they were not 100%, probably deep down, not even 80%. Smacks of greed and selfishness not to let someone come from the shadows and take their space.

Maybe I am wrong, but the 100M sprinter deffo knew she wasn't in it to win in, and the KJT statement reads to me that she was not confident in her body.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I do have to question why some big names think it was OK to travel knowing they were not 100%, probably deep down, not even 80%. Smacks of greed and selfishness not to let someone come from the shadows and take their space.

Maybe I am wrong, but the 100M sprinter deffo knew she wasn't in it to win in, and the KJT statement reads to me that she was not confident in her body.
I guess, as its the Olympics and there may not be another one for them for whatever reason, they take their chances...but I get what you're saying..

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's a fair point, there must be someone back in the UK a little bit miffed that they didn't get the chance to compete.
I see Dina Asher Smith is back in the 100m relay, that's some recovery from a hamstring tear. I thought she would be out for a while with that injury.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

I also guess it depends on someone else meeting the qualifying standard. Maybe in some events there was simply nobody else who would have been better to send.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a fair point, there must be someone back in the UK a little bit miffed that they didn't get the chance to compete.
I see Dina Asher Smith is back in the 100m relay, that's some recovery from a hamstring tear. I thought she would be out for a while with that injury.

That story had changed a bit on 5 Live this morning. Apparrently the injury had recovered but could not train enough to be competitive in the individual events but a few more days of training etc has meant she is fine for the relay.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Professional sports people are instrinsically selfish, solo sports people in particular. They look out for themselves 1st, 2nd and 3rd. You need a strong team manager that can have honest conversations with them and avoid these situations. Rarely happens when the name is a big one though.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched the highlights of the Skateboarding last night and, firstly, after previous comments about surfing being a disappointing watch, park skateboarding lived up to expectation and is a great watch.

What intrigued me was that the GB medalist was only 13 and not the youngest (one was 12). Is there something about skatboarding that makes it more suitable for the very young as you would have thought people aged 16-18 would be better developed to compete and yet they all appeared to be early teems.

D

Deleted member 1147

Watched the highlights of the Skateboarding last night and, firstly, after previous comments about surfing being a disappointing watch, park skateboarding lived up to expectation and is a great watch.

What intrigued me was that the GB medalist was only 13 and not the youngest (one was 12). Is there something about skatboarding that makes it more suitable for the very young as you would have thought people aged 16-18 would be better developed to compete and yet they all appeared to be early teems.
I can only assume it's their low centres of gravity