Oldest gear

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
So.. just looking at my set up and what will be going in the new pencil bag for winter use.Taking a swing of my irons which are Wilson staff fluid feel blades circa 87/88 and wondered if anyone else still plays the classics and if so can anyone beat 88'?? I get plenty of looks and raised eyebrows but I can't part with them!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
So.. just looking at my set up and what will be going in the new pencil bag for winter use.Taking a swing of my irons which are Wilson staff fluid feel blades circa 87/88 and wondered if anyone else still plays the classics and if so can anyone beat 88'?? I get plenty of looks and raised eyebrows but I can't part with them!
I haven't parted with mine either - but don't use them any more.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ballmarkers, gloves anything counts...a Dunlop 65 I found at Wentworth sits proudly in my bar that must be at least that old?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Crow will be along shortly....

I only play vintage/classics so not really fair for me to comment, but I will anyway...

Not including hickory they range from:
1950s - Gradidge, Norrie Thomson, JB Halley, etc.
To the 1980s - Dunlop, MacGregor and similar to the OP some Wilson Staff Tourblades.
(I also have a set of Forgan which I think are from the 1930s but I've not played those yet.)

And of course wooden woods to go with them.
And putters from the 1930s though to the 1980s with every decade in between.

Wilson Staff Tourblades.jpg

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nearly forgot...and no, it's not an illusion, the 1 iron face is the same as the driver face size!

Attachments

• 20181026_151250.jpg
    20181026_151250.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 7

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
the I have 3 sets of old blades;

Ben Sayers "Ray Floyd" signature
Mizuno TP Originals - see my avatar.
Mizuno Pro Originals - bought these for £10 and they were practically brand new

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a Ping Anser putter I bought new in 1975 from Lillywhites in London. Cost £18 from memory which was a fair bit in those days. Gets the odd work out, but the magic has long gone.:(

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Didn't Tom Lehman have a different model iron for every club in his bag a while back.

May have all be TM, i think it was one of those "Whats in the bag " articles that used to be in the mag