Old Course Applications

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Thanks to the other thread, it reminded me of applying for advanced tee times next year, thanks captain:thup:

Not long left to apply(upto 6/9), if anyone wishes to apply, link is :-

https://play.standrews.com/

Hopefully it is okay to put the link up.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Applied for mine the other day. Anybody know how good the chances are if applying through this route?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jeepers it's pricey, I'll need to find another way! :eek:
It is pricey, was "only" about 160 this year. Is this link to the usual annual andvanced tee times ballot or to some other "private" advanced tee times now as they've got rid off the exclusive tour operator contract?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've done one for a four ball. I guess that probably reduces my chances.

It's a two course deal, but that doesn't bother us, as we were always looking to play another couple of games anyway.

Fingers crossed for all.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Summer price in 2015 was £170.
The high season 2017 was £175 - still quite a hike to £320!

Or does it include the fee for the second course?

Otherwise, looks like "making your own history" has become 82% more expensive in just one year change.

Does it now make it most expensive in the UK (excluding private exclusive clubs like Lomond)?

D

Deleted member 15344

They are all 2 course packages - it's not £320 just to play the Old COurse

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They are all 2 course packages - it's not £320 just to play the Old COurse
That's better though a bit odd given that the prices for the 2nd course before varied depending on the course (e.g. Eden was about £50) making the total package ~£225.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The 2 courses must also be played on consecutive days.
There were only 4 days available out of a possible 16 for the beginning of April due to the old course having other commitments, not sure about high season dates.
Applying as a fourball doesn't reduce your chances, whether you are a single, 2,3 or fourball you're just one ball in the pot.

D

Deleted member 21258

No luck for me this year. Hope others have had more luck.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Haven't received an email yet from them. Does everyone get one today, whether successful or unsuccessful?

D

Deleted member 21258

Haven't received an email yet from them. Does everyone get one today, whether successful or unsuccessful?

Yes, it says that on their website. Best of luck, fingers crossed for you.

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I managed to get a tee time for next-year. Playing the new & old course. Didn’t tell my 4 ball that I had entered so they were happy with the news I gave them this morning!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I managed to get a tee time for next-year. Playing the new & old course. Didn’t tell my 4 ball that I had entered so they were happy with the news I gave them this morning!

When are you playing?

I also got the cold shoulder. If only there were a few other decent alternatives to explore instead... We're meeting up in a couple of weeks to thrash it all out, so every cloud and all that.