Official 2018 HFH Handicap Challenge

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crikey! How come you have no comps ? Is there nothing on at weekends - or is it that you can't get to them?

Ps: What's your current h/c ? I'm not that far different to what you were back at the start (19.6 if l recall?). I'll use your current as a target and if i don't get (or stay) under that, then I'll cough up also.

I moved clubs from Whickham GC which had weekly mid week medal, Saturday comps and Sunday Stableford comps, to Close House, but only as member of the Filly course, all the comps at Close House are for the full members on the Colt course.

As mentioned above the only competition I could play in is the midweek sweep, but you need to be off before 17:00hrs and I've no chance as I'm at work. I did play in one as myself and Kraxx had the Wednesday off and I got 0.1 back so I'm now 19.7 (20). Looking at the course competition calendar there are two sweeps on Saturday and Sunday 4th and 5th August and those are the only two I could realistically play in.

We feel kind of conned, as when we applied we were told there were plenty of competitions to keep a handicap, but we won't told it would be a sweep only with 99% played during a normal persons working hours mid week.

To play in the competitions and keep a handicap I would have to become a full member and at £2,400 per year, I'll not bother.

It very likely that when this membership is up for renewal in October I won't be renewing, unless members of Close House that play the Filly only get a competition to play in.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I moved clubs from Whickham GC which had weekly mid week medal, Saturday comps and Sunday Stableford comps, to Close House, but only as member of the Filly course, all the comps at Close House are for the full members on the Colt course.

As mentioned above the only competition I could play in is the midweek sweep, but you need to be off before 17:00hrs and I've no chance as I'm at work. I did play in one as myself and Kraxx had the Wednesday off and I got 0.1 back so I'm now 19.7 (20). Looking at the course competition calendar there are two sweeps on Saturday and Sunday 4th and 5th August and those are the only two I could realistically play in.

We feel kind of conned, as when we applied we were told there were plenty of competitions to keep a handicap, but we won't told it would be a sweep only with 99% played during a normal persons working hours mid week.

To play in the competitions and keep a handicap I would have to become a full member and at £2,400 per year, I'll not bother.

It very likely that when this membership is up for renewal in October I won't be renewing, unless members of Close House that play the Filly only get a competition to play in.

Dave..put supplementary cards in.
We have very few comps available to us as 5 dayers at the Zoo.
Maximum of 6!
Already missed 2 due to weather and work and missing another for Robin's bash at Coventry.
From next month, all 3 of us are doing 2 or more supplementaries a month.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dave..put supplementary cards in.
We have very few comps available to us as 5 dayers at the Zoo.
Maximum of 6!
Already missed 2 due to weather and work and missing another for Robin's bash at Coventry.
From next month, all 3 of us are doing 2 or more supplementaries a month.

Good point, I'd forgotten about doing that, I'll enquire how I go about doing that at Close house.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Ah - l see. Not good really.

But the supplementary cards is a reasonable option. And in any case, after an awful performance in Saturdays comp, I'm heading in your direction - up to 19.3 now

D

Deleted member 21258

Jim, just going to pay up my losing bet. You are the winner, well done:D:thup:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I finally managed a qualifying comp this week. Up to 12.5 but did manage a two !

Just checked my handicap and now that the result from the Seniors Open at Northamptonshire County has gone through (missed buffer by 1...) I'm also up to 12.5 and back into Cat 3 :(

On the plus side I'll have a three shot buffer until I can get back down to Cat 2, which will hopefully be tomorrow!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Minimum 1.5 Cut today with a Nett 68 (73), #ManInForm 😎🏌️⛳️