Now TV

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Thinking of leaving Sky as just had notification that our package is going up from £88 to £125, got the entertainment package, movies and sports channels along with broadband and sky Q in 2 rooms, anyone recommend an alternative ( not virgin ) maybe Now tv as their packages look a lot cheaper, will not require movies anymore.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thinking of leaving Sky as just had notification that our package is going up from £88 to £125, got the entertainment package, movies and sports channels along with broadband and sky Q in 2 rooms, anyone recommend an alternative ( not virgin ) maybe Now tv as their packages look a lot cheaper, will not require movies anymore.

Phone sky tell them your leaving, give them a months notice. They will offer you a discount, refuse it. Continue as if you are going to leave until they actually give you a decent offer, usually somewhere between 50-75% off

PS Now tv are owned by Sky

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Did call them last time it was going up and managed to get a cheaper price but it seems a hell of a jump from £88 to £125. :(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Did call them last time it was going up and managed to get a cheaper price but it seems a hell of a jump from £88 to £125. :(

i only have tv in 2 rooms, everything bar movies i think, they wanted £88 a mth, we agreed £38 a mth. Go through the same charade every 2 years but rather that than give them an extra £50 a mth!

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
i only have tv in 2 rooms, everything bar movies i think, they wanted £88 a mth, we agreed £38 a mth. Go through the same charade every 2 years but rather that than give them an extra £50 a mth!

Will give them a call tomorrow, fingers crossed !!!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Depends what you want from Now TV ? I was getting the sports channels for £20 per month (advertised at £33 per month but i just kept "cancelling" and they kept offering another 3 months at £20 per month). We weren't bothered with Films or Entertainment.

But you need a broadband provider in order to get the service. I know you said "not Virgin" but we get phone, 100 mbps broadband and TV/Tivo for £62.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
you almost certainly wont get it sorted in 1 call (or not at best price), game of patience sadly and one theyre used to playing

I disagree with that. It depends on how good a negotiator you are. I have the full package (without multiroom or 4k) negotiated last month £56 one phone call only.

Always ask to speak to contract the contract retentions department and it obvious to them why you are phoning.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I negotiate with Sky at the end of each contract. Usually via chat and I say if you don't reduce my numbers by 30% (or so) I'm gone - don't waste time with this 10% initial first offer - go straight for the max. Take it or leave it. They take it.

Next contract negs is very soon :cool:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've never had Sky or any provider but these prices are a shock to me.

When I read £88 to £125 I initially thought that was per year, not per month. :eek:

Even at one of the lower rates mentioned above, that's £672 a year.
And "last year's" £88 a month is over a grand!

And I hate services where you negotiate a deal, it just means that the less savvy people will be subsidising the entertainment of others. :mad:
A service like TV should be at a fixed price.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I just negotiated with Sky to renew our agreement. The price had shot up considerably, and I looked up all the alternatives before I called them.
I finished up getting an upgraded package, new Sky Q boxes, Netflix added and all at a substantial discount. It takes some work and is frustrating as basically they don't reward loyalty, but instead you have to fight for it.
I was told by a Sky employee that a month or so before the contract is due for renewal, ring up Sky and say you're going to cancel and say that you want the same price as a new customer (as they always get better deals).
It's a pity you have to go through this every time, but it seems to be the nature of the beast. Just stick to your guns and don't accept the first offer.

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Depends what you want from Now TV ? I was getting the sports channels for £20 per month (advertised at £33 per month but i just kept "cancelling" and they kept offering another 3 months at £20 per month). We weren't bothered with Films or Entertainment.

But you need a broadband provider in order to get the service. I know you said "not Virgin" but we get phone, 100 mbps broadband and TV/Tivo for £62.

We can`t get Virgin unfortunately

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I just negotiated with Sky to renew our agreement. The price had shot up considerably, and I looked up all the alternatives before I called them.
I finished up getting an upgraded package, new Sky Q boxes, Netflix added and all at a substantial discount. It takes some work and is frustrating as basically they don't reward loyalty, but instead you have to fight for it.
I was told by a Sky employee that a month or so before the contract is due for renewal, ring up Sky and say you're going to cancel and say that you want the same price as a new customer (as they always get better deals).
It's a pity you have to go through this every time, but it seems to be the nature of the beast. Just stick to your guns and don't accept the first offer.

Is this sort of thing being covered by the government announcement a couple of weeks ago about not being to offer specials for new customers only? Or is that only for the insurance industry?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Is this sort of thing being covered by the government announcement a couple of weeks ago about not being to offer specials for new customers only? Or is that only for the insurance industry?
Certainly worth mentioning that in any negotiations!

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Just made my first call and got it down to £80 and to be fair to the lad i spoke too he said he will give me a call back tomorrow as they quite often have offers on a Friday.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm paying £30 a month for sports, entertainment and Sky Q. If I didn't threaten to leave every time the contract is up, I'd be paying double that.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Only insurance however it seems a matter of time before it covers all the existing vs new customer deals.