Not being able to sleep the night before playing early!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know plenty who play straight after a 12 hour night shift, even 36 hole scratch comps!

Saw one of our county guys asleep in his car while everyone else was warming up after dashing from night shift to play Yorkshire (all full time amateurs).

I'm told you're that tired you don't actually think about what you're doing so it can actually help play better.....
That sounds like the same logic as some of my Sunday League team mates.. "I actually play better hungover.."

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is lots of good advice around about getting a good nights sleep
e.g. no alcohol, no caffeine after about 6pm watch boring stuff on the TV that stops the mind being too active.

If you are of a certain age getting up in the middle of the night to pee is normal, but it is worth having a your prostate checked just in case.

I cannot remember the last time I got 8 hours continuous sleep (must been before the age of 50).

I am lucky in one respect in that I sleep alone so I just put on some music (normally instrumental only) and go back to sleep listening to that. The hours between about 4 and 7.30 I just doze of and on.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Have you tried having sex when you go to bed to relax you, preferably with a partner? ;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Play 36 holes the day before, that will help you sleep.
Don't know if it's been mentioned before but isn't 8.30-9 a bit late to be eating?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Play 36 holes the day before, that will help you sleep.
Don't know if it's been mentioned before but isn't 8.30-9 a bit late to be eating?
I hate having to eat that late. It's bad for your digestion and weight gain amongst other things. Could be bad for sleep as well, I'm not sure.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve got the same issue. Being picked up at 7:30 every Saturday, and by that point I’ve usually been awake since 5:30 simply cause I’m so excited to play that I wake up early. Like a kid at Christmas. If I were to go to bed earlier, say 9-ish, I’d probably be awake no later than 4:30 and impossible to go back to sleep.

Don’t particularly have a problem with it though, but I’m sure that it would be beneficial if I could get a few more hours sleep. But what can I do, I’m just excited to get out there. :D

This is very similar to me, at the age of 64 I still get excited and wake early when I plan to play golf. Went away for 3 days for a society meet and was up before 6 every day, in fact I was waiting on the practice green for the greenkeeper to finish cutting at 6.30.

Can’t help o/p but dfs gave the best advice 😂

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This is very similar to me, at the age of 64 I still get excited and wake early when I plan to play golf. Went away for 3 days for a society meet and was up before 6 every day, in fact I was waiting on the practice green for the greenkeeper to finish cutting at 6.30.

Can’t help o/p but d4s gave the best advice 😂

D

Deleted member 25172

Can’t help o/p but dfs gave the best advice 😂

I've got a "few" years to reach that respectable age, but I really hope I will still be the same when that time come! :)

Wolf

Visit site
I'm still confused by the the thread. Simple answer is go to bed an hour earlier which means a decent sleep, and no need move the game. Yet seems the option is to prefer to move the game yet states pressure as its just a fun game so I really don't get why any of it is an issue. But I am easily confused.