Northern Ireland advice for Nnnnnnnn.........ovember

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its a bit mental. Great views, and probably best played with some local knowledge.

It does look tough, at least on You-tube, but looks like it will drain well.

The pro said when its wet, they are generally open, when they are shut everyone else is. As we're going in November, course conditioning may be more aspirational than a great course.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Its certainly a fun course. A bit exposed when its windy. I hit my opening drive, and one of the members said 'you dont want to hit it like that round here!'

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its certainly a fun course. A bit exposed when its windy. I hit my opening drive, and one of the members said 'you dont want to hit it like that round here!'

I think their opening hole is in the top 100 in Ireland. Looks like a sliver of an uphill fairway amongst the gorse.

It also looks like a 28 s/ford points winning course.:lol:

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think their opening hole is in the top 100 in Ireland. Looks like a sliver of an uphill fairway amongst the gorse.

It also looks like a 28 s/ford points winning course.:lol:

I live about 15 mins away.

Very hilly, very tight yet pretty fun.

First hole is a monster up hill, narrow fairway with gorse on either side. Then the green is further up hill and narrow with trees surrounding it.

I wouldn't say it is the best course in the world but it certainly is different. It is basically on top of a large hill, awesome views across north down and strangford lough. It is also the scene were some GoT was filmed.

Regarding drainage, it does drain very well and very quickly. It would certainly be an option at that time of year, but it is about 20 mins outside of belfast, on the other side from the airport.

They also have a deal on groupon at the moment for a round and a coffee for £16, so it is cheap and it is always on GolfNow for about £12 for a hot deal.

Also in that area is Clandeboye which is a great course, not 100% sure of the drainage though but every time I have played it has been pretty good.

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My mate lives near there. Definitely going to play it after seeing those youtube videos.

Yellow gorse bushes galore.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I live about 15 mins away.

Very hilly, very tight yet pretty fun.

First hole is a monster up hill, narrow fairway with gorse on either side. Then the green is further up hill and narrow with trees surrounding it.

I wouldn't say it is the best course in the world but it certainly is different. It is basically on top of a large hill, awesome views across north down and strangford lough. It is also the scene were some GoT was filmed.

Regarding drainage, it does drain very well and very quickly. It would certainly be an option at that time of year, but it is about 20 mins outside of belfast, on the other side from the airport.

They also have a deal on groupon at the moment for a round and a coffee for £16, so it is cheap and it is always on GolfNow for about £12 for a hot deal.

Also in that area is Clandeboye which is a great course, not 100% sure of the drainage though but every time I have played it has been pretty good.

Just realised that is £16 for two people! So £8 each for a round of golf and a hot drink, can't beat that price!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just realised that is £16 for two people! So £8 each for a round of golf and a hot drink, can't beat that price!

if its Scrabo we've been quoted £17.00 each and £22 for a buggy...in November, so must be confident that it drains well. £28.00 for a round with a buggy sounds boss, especially when you check out the You tube videos of the holes. It means we can have a sleep in also.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i live about a mile from Scrabo and have played it many a time. You hear brutal stories about how difficult it is, however I have always felt different about it. It is tough, however it's a fair challenge. Play decent golf and you get rewarded. Some open holes on it. Par 3's are fair. There are some holes that are very tough, but again if you think your way round them there is no reason not to score well.

Drains very well and is very cheap. Have a look at the golf now price on the day you are going and Scrabo will match that price. I pay around ten quid any time I play it. Re Clandeboye mentioned above - love the course, but it gets wet, at times very wet