Looking for help from Northern Ireland men....

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still use the pool tables at the driving range end. Mount ober always is a fun trip down memory lane for me it was the 1st golf course I ever played and got my first lessons there when I was 7, I could never have the reach as a 10 year old to par any hole so I sent back a few months ago to do what I wanted to do 20 years ago. The par 3's are my favourite of any course I've ever played

IIRC back in the early 90s, as Knockbracken, it had uphill and downhill ranges, with woods being banned from the downhill one.

My first venture on to a course was the 'inner 9' at Malone, having found the 1st tee I had to ask where the first green was, I could see it all right but I didn't realise how far I was expected to get the ball in 4 ish shots; and the longest club in my bag was a 3 iron, I didn't have any woods. :lol:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Knockbracken was my first 18 holes too, just missed out on breaking 100 too.
I used to frequent it back in the early 90s myself when we moved from Holywood to Belfast. Spent all my pocket money/paper round money there each weekend. Big bucket of balls and a couple of frames kept us out of trouble for most of the day. Back in the day their wall as you went in was made up of arranged plastic tees haha.

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Still does mate it's only a little 4 bay one fir the golf course dude to practice before heading out still a sign saying irons only.

Yea so funny thinking back to childhood saying to yourself " how you supposed to each that in 4 never mind put it in the hole" and now reaching it in 2