North west opens

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not seen much North west stuff this year so far, time to change that :D

Anyone fancy Individual open at Dean Wood Sunday 14th May, only £10!

I think the wolfman is a member, he will tell us how good it is :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hey, this was meant to be Qwerty's thread.

Ive been mulling over a few, currently looking through May.....

Any good ones on this B/H Monday?

D

Deleted member 21258

http://www.golfempire.co.uk/golf-clubs/prestatyn-golf-club.htm

Cant find a definite answer on the website after looking at terms and conditions, does anyone happen to know if a 16 year old with adult handicap can enter the gents opens ? (or best to email golf empire direct to confirm?)

Would hate to enter then turn up and be turned away!

Thanks Darren

(PS there are opens at Shifnal which I posted about and at Little Aston and I checked on age requirements before entering, that said I think you are a lot higher up in NW that me so maybe to far down)

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

I could be up for this, really enjoyed Dean Wood when I played it with Wolfie.....

Let me check the date and get back to you, what sort of time you looking at for tee off?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
http://www.golfempire.co.uk/golf-clubs/prestatyn-golf-club.htm

Cant find a definite answer on the website after looking at terms and conditions, does anyone happen to know if a 16 year old with adult handicap can enter the gents opens ? (or best to email golf empire direct to confirm?)

Would hate to enter then turn up and be turned away!

Thanks Darren

(PS there are opens at Shifnal which I posted about and at Little Aston and I checked on age requirements before entering, that said I think you are a lot higher up in NW that me so maybe to far down)

Better to contact Prestatyn, rather than golf empire with any queries, I doubt GE would know.

2 courses I do fancy at some point, are any of them on the weekend?

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I could be up for this, really enjoyed Dean Wood when I played it with Wolfie.....

Let me check the date and get back to you, what sort of time you looking at for tee off?

I can do whatever suits really Iain. I always have a slight preference for earlier if possible mainly for speed of play :D

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can do whatever suits really Iain. I always have a slight preference for earlier if possible mainly for speed of play :D

Dates all good for me and anytime suits if you fancy it? Anyone else fancy making up a 3 ball?

I need all the 0.1's I can get now so will happily pay a tenner for the privilege :) In all seriousness that's a bargain for an Individual Open that's a qualifier :thup:

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Dates all good for me and anytime suits if you fancy it? Anyone else fancy making up a 3 ball?

I need all the 0.1's I can get now so will happily pay a tenner for the privilege :) In all seriousness that's a bargain for an Individual Open that's a qualifier :thup:

I'm up for this :thup:

D

Deleted member 21258

Better to contact Prestatyn, rather than golf empire with any queries, I doubt GE would know.

Have sent an email to Prestatyn, I expect not as a lot of opens seem to say 18 plus or under 5 hcap if under 18. Not sure I really understand why but hey that's golf :confused:

Shifnal :-

http://www.shifnalgolf.com/Open Events.html

We entered the Captains Charity day on the Sunday 20/8/17 due to the age issue, Me, Adam, Full Throttle and Mark1425 at 9.40am. Think Upsidedown who is a member there is also playing on the day. If you fancy getting a team up.

If you fancy another day, could be tempted if you need to make a team and a player short and don't mind me as part of the team.

Little Aston :-

We entered the mixed open which is the only open at the weekend on that course :-

http://www.littleastongolf.co.uk/mixed_open_2017

£45 a player (180 for team) a bargain compared to green fees prices.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have sent an email to Prestatyn, I expect not as a lot of opens seem to say 18 plus or under 5 hcap if under 18. Not sure I really understand why but hey that's golf :confused:

Shifnal :-

http://www.shifnalgolf.com/Open Events.html

We entered the Captains Charity day on the Sunday 20/8/17 due to the age issue, Me, Adam, Full Throttle and Mark1425 at 9.40am. Think Upsidedown who is a member there is also playing on the day. If you fancy getting a team up.

If you fancy another day, could be tempted if you need to make a team and a player short and don't mind me as part of the team.

Little Aston :-

We entered the mixed open which is the only open at the weekend on that course :-

http://www.littleastongolf.co.uk/mixed_open_2017

£45 a player (180 for team) a bargain compared to green fees prices.

I'm available that sunday (depending on LFC fixtures), any other NW'erners game.

Louise - fancy that Little Aston one?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A bit away and I know some of you couldn't commit as it falls in School hols but im still after a partner for West Lancs on Wednesday 23 August, tee time is 2.50pm.

Much cheapness - £35

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No can do re the 14th at Dean Wood

Val I'll be a last resort for West Lancs. I've played it a few times and it's right on my door step so if anybody else fancies it, book them in 👍

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

Probably a bit late for this year but there is a 4BBB Open this Sunday https://www.brsgolf.com/shifnal/opens_home.php spaces till available or put in diary for next year :thup: Due to trip to Scotland not playing this one as have to get a mixed foursomes match in after it .

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Others I fancy over coming weeks:-

Team opens
Lancaster 29th May Monday BH

Pairs
Ashton under lyne 28th May Sunday

Last edited: