North Wales suggestions???

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Well, looking forward to our round later today, James sends his love. Sitting on the balcony at his at the moment, second coffee of the day just chilling and talking bollix as you do. Scorching hot down here, just hoping for a little bit of a cooling breeze....???
You are up there you silly old duffer. :eek:

Say hello to James.(y)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played Vale of Llangollen yesterday. Nice course, but I have never been so hot on a course before. Absolutely scorching, energy sapping, I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to finish the round....???
Played terribly, lost 3&2 to James, who played slightly less terribly than me.
Phil took the money in the stableford, played steady golf and was really good to see him again.
Day off today, before we tackle RSD tomorrow. If there is a buggy available, I'm going to grab it.

Last edited:

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Vale of Llangollen yesterday. Nice course, but I have never been so hot on a course before. Absolutely scorching, energy sapping, I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to finish the round....???
Played terribly, lost 3&2 to James, who played slightly less terribly than me.
Phil took the money in the stableford, played steady golf and was really good to see him again.
Day off tomorrow, before we tackle RSD tomorrow. If there is a buggy available, I'm going to grab it.

It was great to catch up again with you and James, it's been far too long! And really nice that the girls joined us for the day.

I enjoyed the course, thankfully it was very flat!

Still kicking myself that I didn't think to get a photo of a very hot and bothered Smiffy sat down with Sam wafting a fan in his face ;):LOL:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Honestly mate, it was soooo bloody hot. I've never suffered on a course as much.
#gettingtooldforit
It was the same when we played The Caversham on Saturday with Cake and Slasher. Not the best course to carry.:unsure: 18,500 steps, mostly sideways.:eek:

Have a good trip.(y)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hey Phil, was great to see you, I feel so chubby and you look so much older :love::love::love:

Absolute pleasure to catch up, sorry we played so p*ss poor....we had bantered ourselves into total crapness.
Anytime you want to play another round practically avoiding fairways feel free to contact both Smiffy and myself and we'll show you the tree route :geek:
Thanks so much for turning up, it's hard to find people that like Smiffy.

Well played mate, we didn't even need to add up the scorecard to know that you won the money.... I will shamefully upload the 'exchange of cash' picture when it gets sent to me from Sams' phone. (y)(y)

Will be nice to catch up another time... and buy you a drink :LOL: Smiffy was practically asleep at the wheel on the 50 mile drive home and can barely walk unaided today :oops:

Gonna get frazzled again tomorrow on the links, Yay!!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Up early, and sad to be heading home today. James and Clare have been wonderful hosts, we've had a great time, and lots of laughs.
To sum up, Vale of Llangollen was an okay course, in very good condition but other than the scenic backdrop, didn't really do it for me. No really stand out holes and I don't think it warrantied it's £50.00 green fee if I'm honest.
RSD on the other hand was superb. Not beautifully manicured, the greens were not as good as I was expecting, but as a golf course it was first class. Only cost us £54.00 each on a twilight ticket, but I would gladly pay the full green fee to play it again. I played a lot better, which may have something to do with it, and every hole was different, and the back nine in particular was spectacular, weaving your way through the dunes and bunkering. We caught it on a glorious day, hardly any wind and baking sunshine. The course was playing a lot shorter than normal, with the ball travelling much further along the parched fairways, but this brings it's own dangers with unexpected bounces etc. into the semi or bunkers, so you still have to adapt to what's in front of you.
Would love to come back and play it again, and if we were staying a few more days I'd be on to the pro shop now!!received_869082464032003.jpeg

Attachments

• received_532913131283261.jpeg
    received_532913131283261.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 19
  • received_365456564970548.jpeg
    received_365456564970548.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 24
  • received_521655559085472.jpeg
    received_521655559085472.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 23
  • received_1206236986465537.jpeg
    received_1206236986465537.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20210721-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210721-WA0000.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hey Phil, was great to see you, I feel so chubby and you look so much older :love::love::love:

Absolute pleasure to catch up, sorry we played so p*ss poor....we had bantered ourselves into total crapness.
Anytime you want to play another round practically avoiding fairways feel free to contact both Smiffy and myself and we'll show you the tree route :geek:
Thanks so much for turning up, it's hard to find people that like Smiffy.

Well played mate, we didn't even need to add up the scorecard to know that you won the money.... I will shamefully upload the 'exchange of cash' picture when it gets sent to me from Sams' phone. (y)(y)

Will be nice to catch up another time... and buy you a drink :LOL: Smiffy was practically asleep at the wheel on the 50 mile drive home and can barely walk unaided today :oops:

Gonna get frazzled again tomorrow on the links, Yay!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20210721-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210721-WA0002.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 21

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Another great day today, lost to James by one hole but thoroughly enjoyed the course again, apart from the greens. Just could not get to grips with them and a couple of four putts from out of nowhere saw me getting rather frustrated. Just no confidence on them at all. Driving was superb, irons were crisp, chipping so so .