Par 3 9 hole
Lunch
18 holes
Dinner

Edit: it’s closed now ☹️

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
After watching a few YouTube vids, and with my preference being for a parkland course for our other round, I'm looking at the Vale of Llangollen. About an hour from where we are, so not too far out of the way and looks a very nice course.....????
http://www.vlgc.co.uk/home/

Anybody on here played there???

View attachment 34477
I was just going to suggest this, (bit late to the thread) played there 3 or 4 years ago very enjoyable, play the course then drive a couple of miles up the road to the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct one of the wonders of the canal system

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was just going to suggest this, (bit late to the thread) played there 3 or 4 years ago very enjoyable, play the course then drive a couple of miles up the road to the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct one of the wonders of the canal system
We stay at the Chainbridge hotel couple of times a year it’s really good right on the canal and river.
Steam train is a nice day out from the town.
The golf course is really nice and always in good condition.
You won’t be disappointed.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We stay at the Chainbridge hotel couple of times a year it’s really good right on the canal and river.
Steam train is a nice day out from the town.
The golf course is really nice and always in good condition.
You won’t be disappointed.
Done the train and saw the Chainbridge hotel fancied booking there but havent done as yet super location.

The Lion

Visit site
I’m a member at North Wales in Llandudno and can highly recommend it. Should be good to sign a few people on if you’re interested. Opens up a 36 hole day, with Conwy across the bay just a few minutes away!

For your other course Smiffy, Porthmadog is strongly recommended. Back nine is one of the most lovely 9 holes of golf I’ve ever seen. It’s like heaven.

As others state, RSD, Aberdovey and Nefyn all top choices and highly recommended. There’s several other crackers in the region which are off the beaten track, comparatively cheap, with super twilight deals of just £15-25, and which I could recommend, but only if you have time.

The whole area is great. I’d suggest playing twilight if you can; Conwy is only £35, RSD £54 online and Aberdovey around £50. It’s certainly much better value than many others in the entire country!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As I say, I think we've chosen our two.
One links, (RSD), and one parkland, (Vale of Llangollen).
Will be playing on Monday 19th and Weds 21st July, but don't know which way around yet, (I'll look at the long range weather forecast the week before and pick RSD on the day having less wind forecast lol!!).
Will be going for twilight rounds if available to keep the prices down as much as possible.
If anyone would like to join us, you'd be more than welcome.
(y)(y)(y)

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I say, I think we've chosen our two.
One links, (RSD), and one parkland, (Vale of Llangollen).
Will be playing on Monday 19th and Weds 21st July, but don't know which way around yet, (I'll look at the long range weather forecast the week before and pick RSD on the day having less wind forecast lol!!).
Will be going for twilight rounds if available to keep the prices down as much as possible.
If anyone would like to join us, you'd be more than welcome.
(y)(y)(y)

Vale of Llangollen is about 3 miles from one of my current projects! - it would be great to catch up with you and James, lets touch base nearer the time and see if it will work (y)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just booked to play at Royal St. Davids on Weds 21st July. Teeing off 3 O'clock, twilight rate is £54.00 each. That'll do pig.
;);););)
Just checked Vale of Llangollen website, no twilight fees there sadly, so £50.00 a pop.
If anyone would like to join us you'd be more than welcome. I have pm'd Whereditgo as he expressed an interest in joining us at Vale.
Looking to play there on Monday 19th as I need a clear day between rounds to give my old trotters a rest. Very likely to be a pm round (around 3pm again).

Last edited:

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just booked to play at Royal St. Davids on Weds 21st July. Teeing off 3 O'clock, twilight rate is £54.00 each. That'll do pig.
;);););)
Just checked Vale of Llangollen website, no twilight fees there sadly, so £50.00 a pop.
If anyone would like to join us you'd be more than welcome. I have pm'd Whereditgo as he expressed an interest in joining us at Vale.
Looking to play there on Monday 19th as I need a clear day between rounds to give my old trotters a rest. Very likely to be a pm round (around 3pm again).

I'm in for Vale of Llangollen (y)

The Lion

Visit site
;);););)

Not far from me either. I’ll see what I can do, though I may be in Scotland. If I’m around, could possibly have a round at my place an hour away too.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not far from me either. I’ll see what I can do, though I may be in Scotland. If I’m around, could possibly have a round at my place an hour away too.

Be good if you could join us mate. Won't be able to play any more courses unfortunately, only there for 4 days and if I play more golf than the two rounds planned my missus will have my goolies for earrings.
:sick::sick::sick:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Roll on next week. Weather looks good for that area, particularly on the Monday.
James tells me he has been visiting the driving range to get some practice in....
As mentioned above Phil, looking to tee off around 2.30 mate, so meet at the club around 2pm????
I haven't booked anything online yet, but the course looks completely clear in the afternoon so should be no problem getting on.
Looking forward to meeting up, it's been a while.
Don't know if "The Lion" is still a possibility, but you're more than welcome to join us fella.
(y)(y)(y)

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Roll on next week. Weather looks good for that area, particularly on the Monday.
James tells me he has been visiting the driving range to get some practice in....
As mentioned above Phil, looking to tee off around 2.30 mate, so meet at the club around 2pm????
I haven't booked anything online yet, but the course looks completely clear in the afternoon so should be no problem getting on.
Looking forward to meeting up, it's been a while.
Don't know if "The Lion" is still a possibility, but you're more than welcome to join us fella.
(y)(y)(y)

Looking forward to it Rob, it will be good to see you and James again.

D

Deleted member 21258

Some of the rough is interesting at the moment at RSD, keep out of it or hit another ball:whistle: its lush, thick and long.

If I had been around would have signed you on for free as guests, but I'm working.

The course can be quiet at times, hope you enjoy it, its a long course with fairly flat greens. So around/on the greens is up and down scorable, so not the end of the world if you take an extra shot to the greens.

Have a great time, hopefully it should be running fast by then and hope the weather is kind.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, looking forward to our round later today, James sends his love. Sitting on the balcony at his at the moment, second coffee of the day just chilling and talking bollix as you do. Scorching hot down here, just hoping for a little bit of a cooling breeze....???

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, looking forward to our round later today, James sends his love. Sitting on the balcony at his at the moment, second coffee of the day just chilling and talking bollix as you do. Scorching hot down here, just hoping for a little bit of a cooling breeze....???

Just on your 2nd? Long lie in?