North Norfolk Golf Courses?

TeeRev

Visit site
My 70th birthday skiing holiday in Italy next week has been cancelled but my wife insisted we still go away for it so we've just booked a couple of nights at Morston Hall, Blakeney.

I'm allowed to take my clubs to play a round on my birthday and there seems to be several golf courses in the area, Sheringham looks to be the nearest, can anyone tell me what it's like or make any other recommendations please.

TeeRev

Visit site
Thanks very much for the advice, I've just been doing some more research and although Hunstanton and Cromer look really nice they both look a bit long for me. I'm learning golf as a retirement project and Sheringham looks more like the length of course I've got more of a chance of getting round so I'll get in touch with them tomorrow to book a tee time for next Thursday, if anyone on here is in the area and would like to join me for a round please let me know.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks very much for the advice, I've just been doing some more research and although Hunstanton and Cromer look really nice they both look a bit long for me. I'm learning golf as a retirement project and Sheringham looks more like the length of course I've got more of a chance of getting round so I'll get in touch with them tomorrow to book a tee time for next Thursday, if anyone on here is in the area and would like to join me for a round please let me know.
Hmmm. I didn't think sherringham was noticeably easier. It's just as hilly and has some pretty challenging holes. I've only played these courses once though, so someone who is more familiar may have some ideas.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Don't worry too mach about the "published" length of the courses. The tees will probably be considerably forward due to the time of yea and some of courses might even have "senior tees." - play off whatever is comfortable.

Ring the pro for a chat if in doubt. Just have fun... the coastal courses up there are super and well worth the trip.

D

Deleted member 21258

I would pick Sheringham over Cromer, every day of the week. Both courses not easy but probably Sheringham is the more playable and more forgiving overall.

Hopefully will get to feel like you are in a scene of Harry Potter on the 17th/18th, as a stream train runs down the line that adjoins the course and the train fits the bill perfectly. The view from the 5th tee(I think) is cracking. Very memorable Sheringham is.Enjoy your trip.

Both are a reasonable walk due to 'hills/slopes'.

Have a great 70th next week.

TeeRev

Visit site
Another plus for Sheringham is it's actually closest to our hotel, I was only looking at overall course length in my research as due to old shoulder ligament damage I'm not a long hitter, I do try to keep it on the straight and narrow though so will be happy to have a go at the challenging holes. Hills are not a big problem as Seaford Head has been my home course until I moved to Seaford (Blatchington) this year and there's not much steeper than the 12th there, although if my wife is caddying for me I expect she'll treat us to a buggy.