Noob Question About Adjustable Loft Drivers

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Potentially stupid question coming up, but I don't know, I haven't owned that many adjustable clubs.

My old driver, TM R11s, has loft adjustment. From 10.5 you could go up to 12 or down to 9, I had mine set at 12. While still set at 12 I had it regripped with one of those Golf Pride compound grips.

I'm now looking to sell, so I went to set it back.to standard loft, but to my horror, the grip is now on sideways and looks stupid, because the whole shaft rotated round when I set the loft back.

Is that right? Or have I buggered up the adjustment somehow and that's not meant to happen??

If that's normal, then I wish I'd thought about that before getting that grip! :LOL:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
No it’s completely normal the shaft moves along with the grip.

Know one buying the club will mind

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No it’s completely normal the shaft moves along with the grip.

Know one buying the club will mind
I hope not, but it does look a bit ridiculous. If they want to use it at standard loft they'll have to get the grip redone that's all.

Cheers for the answer!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You should have bought the grip they make specifically for adjustable drivers so this doesn't happen .
It was the first time I ever had a club regripped. I had no idea this would be an issue, and the chap in A.G. didn't tell me either.

I'd leave it lofted at 12 degrees so it looks right :)
Yeah I've done that! Set it back when I realised. :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just had my adjustable driver regripped

My size grip doesn’t come in “360” grips for those drivers so I got it regripped logo down so I can’t see the logo lol

Used a sharpie to colour in the golf pride aswell

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For a very small charge, your local pro could easily remove the grip and refit it 'straight'

Although you could do this, why not just leave it to the person that buys the club? They might want it on a completely different setting, or might want a new grip.

Don’t worry about it imo

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
if somebody changes the loft they'd of had the same issue anyway its not a big deal.

The only way it would be a problem really would be if you had the MCC PLUS4 ALIGN grips as they have a ridge which is suppose to sit a certain way.

Really fancied some but i tend to change the loft on my 3 wood prior to a round depending on playing conditions and the course I'm playing. For this reason I just had to get the MCC PLUS4 as i didn't want the ridge to sit anywhere but where it was designed.

I guess nowadays in the world of changing lofts these are best suited to irons.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
if somebody changes the loft they'd of had the same issue anyway its not a big deal.

The only way it would be a problem really would be if you had the MCC PLUS4 ALIGN grips as they have a ridge which is suppose to sit a certain way.

Really fancied some but i tend to change the loft on my 3 wood prior to a round depending on playing conditions and the course I'm playing. For this reason I just had to get the MCC PLUS4 as i didn't want the ridge to sit anywhere but where it was designed.

I guess nowadays in the world of changing lofts these are best suited to irons.
Yeah I just never even thought about it. Wasn't a problem when I was using the driver because I just left it on 12° the whole time anyway. But if I ever regrip an adjustable club again, I'll know!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Potentially stupid question coming up, but I don't know, I haven't owned that many adjustable clubs.

My old driver, TM R11s, has loft adjustment. From 10.5 you could go up to 12 or down to 9, I had mine set at 12. While still set at 12 I had it regripped with one of those Golf Pride compound grips.

I'm now looking to sell, so I went to set it back.to standard loft, but to my horror, the grip is now on sideways and looks stupid, because the whole shaft rotated round when I set the loft back.

Is that right? Or have I buggered up the adjustment somehow and that's not meant to happen??

If that's normal, then I wish I'd thought about that before getting that grip! :LOL:

Provided the grip you fitted is a plain round ridgeless is should not affect performance. If it was recently fitted by a pro they might still be able to align it for you.