No smoking on the course

batchworth

Visit site
Our course (Batchworth Park in Herts), as just introduced a no smoking policy on the course due to the dry weather and fire risk. I’m a non smoker so doesn’t affect me.
Any other clubs done this?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
3 or 4 years ago Whipsnade did this....not sure it worked particularly well as there was no change to the number of dog-ends...
And the Captain got caught lighting up at the far end of the course:ROFLMAO:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
My brother smokes like a chimney. Disgusting habit, especially the dodgy fags from the dodgy Polski shop he buys his from. He’d stop golfing before going a few hours without a fag, if there was a ban in place.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
3 or 4 years ago Whipsnade did this....not sure it worked particularly well as there was no change to the number of dog-ends...
And the Captain got caught lighting up at the far end of the course:ROFLMAO:
What happened to the captain?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We could do with it

Plenty of local fires in the field next door as its former land fill and apparently the stuff underneath is combusting

Every summer

Black smoke over course over day

The lake on 2 is being well used by the fire service lol

Saw it at Woburn before .. the guy I was playing with moan all way that he couldn't smoke it wasn't fair

Billabong_Bob

Visit site
Nice course in the summer Waterton.
Do you play any other courses in the area?
I'm a Dee daa from Sheffield so not local to Waterton but they really went out of their way to make me a member!

Played many of the courses around here - Hillsborough, Chesterfield, Abbeydale, Lees Hall, all the municipal courses in the area and Rufford Park.

Have enrolled in the Mizuno Pairs at Hallamshire and Alwoodley for something special!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm a Dee daa from Sheffield so not local to Waterton but they really went out of their way to make me a member!

Played many of the courses around here - Hillsborough, Chesterfield, Abbeydale, Lees Hall, all the municipal courses in the area and Rufford Park.

Have enrolled in the Mizuno Pairs at Hallamshire and Alwoodley for something special!
I’m from Barnsley & still not played Hillsborough.
Tankersley is a nice course if you’ve not played it,also Silkstone & Woolley park.

Visit site
We have a smoking ban in place (first time since 2018). There were fires at Frensham Common visible from our course earlier in the week, and Hankley Common also had a big fire apparently, so no surprise.

I smoke on the course normally, naturally I will revert to using a vape for the time being. I agree wholeheartedly with the decision.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I wondered when this would come in. Our. Purse has just done the same. Played at our place the day before I came away and the course was littered with nub ends. I was gobsmacked and quite frankly bogged off. The course was yellow back then so god knows what it’s like now.

Billabong_Bob

Visit site
I’m from Barnsley & still not played Hillsborough.
Tankersley is a nice course if you’ve not played it,also Silkstone & Woolley park.
I had a 1 month trial membership at Hillsborough last year which was brilliant for £60. It's a lovely track and some great members. Played a roll up with the PC who caught the Yorkshire Ripper!

It was taking me as long to get there than it does Waterton so looked around and Hillsborough membership shot up in price.

Only seen Woolley and Tankersley on James Robinson YouTube but they look good!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I had a 1 month trial membership at Hillsborough last year which was brilliant for £60. It's a lovely track and some great members. Played a roll up with the PC who caught the Yorkshire Ripper!

It was taking me as long to get there than it does Waterton so looked around and Hillsborough membership shot up in price.

Only seen Woolley and Tankersley on James Robinson YouTube but they look good!
I’d definitely recommend Tankersley,can usually get a good deal midweek on golf now.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
We introduced a smoking ban on Wednesday at Westerham GC. Rightly so, as it was tinderbox dry today.