No Bottle

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you have answered your own question ,you are thinking h/cap cut after just nine holes ,the game is played over eighteen. try forgetting what has gone and concentrate on what the next shot requires not anything else.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, 20 points after 8 holes (8 straight pars) ding the 9th, double the 10th, lost ball on 12th and finish with 33. Won't even buffer.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Stableford makes you a worse player iirc ... might be better to just play strokeplay comps

Despite the tongue in cheek reply, he's right though it wasn't said stabelford makes you a worse player :rofl:and as another reply stated, the game tends to be over 18 holes, not 9.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Also, if it makes you feel any better, I shot 4 over today, 3 over for the last 3 holes, that's golf.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The only score that counts is the one you walk off the 18th green with. No point in getting too excited until you know your final score. I know its a cliche but concentrate on the shot in front of you - don't even think about the one you've just made a mess of. You can't do anything about the bad shots, once you've hit them so why even waste time thinking about them too.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is a real skill in holding a round together and getting it over the line. Call it nerve, bottle, whatever.

Knowing you have a good score going gets easier the more you do it. I think every player has their own glass ceiling that they must break through from time to time to become a better player.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there one part of your game that goes a little when scorecard pressure kicks in? I have been cut a couple of times recently and managed to score better on the back 9 than front. I really concentrated on making sure that I didn't leave any putts short, classic bottle issue. I focused on reaching the hole each time. It worked and I shot lower because of it. Boy did I have to concentrate though 😁.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
35 points is a very good day out.

You should be celebrating not commiserating.

I don’t think it’s a lack of bottle, it’s a sign of greater thing to come!

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As FD said, don't worry about the score until you've holed out on the 18th, otherwise you are likely to put unneeded pressure on yourself on the back 9 / last few holes.
The temptation can be there if you've had a solid front 9, but try to focus only on the hole that you're playing without overthinking what could be.