No Bottle

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Out with 20 points, thinking here we go get that handicap down, and then finish with 15 on back 9.
It's happening a lot lately, really want to get it down, then the bottle goes.
How do I crack it

Exactly same as myself yesterday mate. Out in 20 and it felt so easy. I was very calm and didn’t get ahead of myself. 10th hole, huge push left, lost ball. So played another. 15 foot from the flag and 3 putted for NR and that was it.

Was 1 under on 33 after 16 but then had 1 point on both 17 and 18 to miss out on even a tiny cut. So frustrating.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
5 points difference i just a couple of missed putts & perhaps one blob. It's happened to me before & when I look back I realise that i wasn't playing particularly well on the front nine but got a few breaks. This rarely happens over the full 18 holes. I've had that kind of result the other way around. It really depends on how well you played for those 20 points.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Out in 20 back in 13

I am a seriously streaky player can play 6 in 1 under par then go 6 holes of all doubles or worse...

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t tend to be a streaky player (within the same round), when I’m playing well I tend to score consistently, when I’m not I don’t.

I might have occasions where I have say 20 points on the way out and 15 on the way back in, but that would tend to be where I’m struggling a bit with my swing and the 20 was a bit fortuitous!

I would judge whether 35 points as a whole is good based on how I played over 18 holes rather than worrying too much about my score on each set of 9.

Perhaps though, this suggests that I’m not very good at grinding out a score when the going is a bit tough.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
15 points coming back is one over your handicap, what is wrong with that, well done.

If you have a good score going on the earlier holes it is difficult to not think ahead, worse case scenario is practising your winners speech.;)
Nervous expectations/doubts can also kick in, it happens to all golfers.
Stay in the now [one shot at a time] and keep repeating to yourself, I am playing well, I just need to do more of the same.

D

Deleted member 15344

15 points coming back is one over your handicap, what is wrong with that, well done.

If you have a good score going on the earlier holes it is difficult to not think ahead, worse case scenario is practising your winners speech.;)
Stay in the now [one shot at a time] and keep repeating to yourself, I am playing well, I just need to do more of the same.

15 points is 3 over HC

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

15 points is 3 over HC

That depends on the relationship between par and SSS.