Nikon Laser Rangefinders

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
After trialling one for a couple of rounds am considering buying one of these. They are quite pricey so have been googling around. There are quite a few out there and some for other sports. My question is "has anyone tried out the shooting rangefinders as opposed to the golf ones?". Some of them are listed as multi-purpose, and also for golf use etc. but not sure if they have the same scan mode feature as the golf specific ones? Asking because some the shooing ones are significantly cheaper.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hillman TM-800 range finder can be picked up for about £100. I reviewed it in the reviews section of the forum. Did a quick head to head against a Bushnell and the differences were negligible.

edit: I had a review posted on the forum ;)

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a go with the Nikon at the Powerplay event at the Grove. Good solid bit of kit but I prefer GPS because I'm not always straight enough to get a straight line of site. If you are good enough to keep it on the hole you're playing then its pretty good. Not sure how it compares vs Bushnell etc price wise

sean1098

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I finally bought a bushnell v2 pro. was going to go for the nikon, as im a nikon man through and through but the bushnell is well put together and easy to use.
Comes with a carry case you can strap onto your bag etc as well.

Im sure you will be happy with what ever you decide.

Sean.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I did read the Hillman review when you put it up thanks palindromicbob. I like the Nikon as it looks a sturdy piece of kit. I'm interested to know if any one has used any of their other sports rangefinders because these come up cheaper on line (can get them for about £145). Whilst they advertise them as being able to be used for golf, I don't know if there is anything special about the golf specific ones that stand them out above the others.

sean1098

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I did read the Hillman review when you put it up thanks palindromicbob. I like the Nikon as it looks a sturdy piece of kit. I'm interested to know if any one has used any of their other sports rangefinders because these come up cheaper on line (can get them for about £145). Whilst they advertise them as being able to be used for golf, I don't know if there is anything special about the golf specific ones that stand them out above the others.
well the main difference on the golfing ones.is pinseeker mode. which lets you distinguish the flag opposed to say the trees behind the green . hunting finders etc do not have this feature.

sean.