Nike VRS Covert Cavity Back Driver

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Not sure if there has been much released about this before but Nike Golf have unveiled their stunning new VRS Covert Range which claims to be the first in history to bring high speed cavity back technology to a driver that conforms to USGA and R&A Rules.

The High Speed Cavity Back is a technology used in irons and now brought to drivers fairways and hybrids for the first time. This technology leads to more stability at impact which delivers more energy to the ball resulting in more distance and control. The Cavity Back is only visible from the sole view but is covered and hidden underneath by the crown to be more visually and pleasing at address hence the name 'Covert'.

The first (top) video made me smile which early in the morning is usually an impossible task but. the second video (unveils) is more informative.

Arriving February by all accounts.

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/nikesh...utm_content=covert110113&utm_campaign=E-Flyer

Discuss

Last edited:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is a nice bit of kit. Just been checking out the shaft in it. It is a real shaft from the looks of it as that shaft is available from mitsubishi unlike other made for shafts. I would certainly pick it up if I was looking for a new driver.

I am sure Rory is going to like it...........:swing:

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is a nice bit of kit. Just been checking out the shaft in it. It is a real shaft from the looks of it as that shaft is available from mitsubishi unlike other made for shafts. I would certainly pick it up if I was looking for a new driver.

I am sure Rory is going to like it
...........:swing:

According to others reporting on here he doesn't like the fact he's lost 5 yards of carry with it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A new driver offering more distance and better accuracy - not heard that before.....

As has been said - how can you paint something bright red and call in "Covert".........

Doubt it'll find it's way into my bag..........

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
A new driver offering more distance and better accuracy - not heard that before.....

As has been said - how can you paint something bright red and call in "Covert".........

Doubt it'll find it's way into my bag..........

From what i've read they say the Covert term relates to the hidden cavity back! Yeah that'll be the hidden cavity that stares you in the face when removing the head cover then.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
According to others reporting on here he doesn't like the fact he's lost 5 yards of carry with it.

:rofl:

Nice looking driver, interesting concept- I like the fact you can change the face angle OR loft without affecting each other directly

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
:rofl:

Nice looking driver, interesting concept- I like the fact you can change the face angle OR loft without affecting each other directly

I'd agree with you there, i'm not really into adjustable clubs but thats more than likely I've never hit one I really like.

I actually don't mind the look of this club at all but if I was going for adjustability have to say the fact you can change face angle without affecting loft is a definite bonus. Unlike other adjustables previously where if say you opened the face a touch you automatically dial down the loft. (Think I got that the right way round)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I hit one just before Christmas as I was at my local range when the Nike rep turned up. The club felt ok but nothing better than a whole host of others that are out there, I didn't dislike the red colour and you can't see the big Swoosh at the back when at address. There is an enormous adjustability of the club but, for the mere mortals, it's only to custom fit to achieve the right set up and then the seller orders in your club,fixed and glued, at that point - it's only the pro version that comes with adjustability.

Worth a look at though and will be liked by the fashion addicts

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you're in the market for a new driver, i might be if they give me better numbers, then you are spoilt for choice come Feb.

Covert, R1, G25, X-Hot, 913.

I really do like the look of the Covert, much better than the white headed drivers IMHO. Out of all of them looks wise I'd have to give it to the G25. But the Covert really does look good.

Going to book myself into the Belfrey towards the end of Feb I think and give them all a whack :D

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you're in the market for a new driver, i might be if they give me better numbers, then you are spoilt for choice come Feb.

Covert, R1, G25, X-Hot, 913.

I really do like the look of the Covert, much better than the white headed drivers IMHO. Out of all of them looks wise I'd have to give it to the G25. But the Covert really does look good.

Going to book myself into the Belfrey towards the end of Feb I think and give them all a whack :D

If I was looking into a new driver I would certainly be looking at some you have mentioned. But going on pictures alone and what I have read as I have not seen any of them in the flesh I would probably be looking at them in this order:

1: VRS
2: 913
3: Rocketballz 2
4: R1
5:
6:
7: X-hot
8:
9:
10: G25

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not sure if there has been much released about this before but Nike Golf have unveiled their stunning new VRS Covert Range which claims to be the first in history to bring high speed cavity back technology to a driver that conforms to USGA and R&A Rules.

The High Speed Cavity Back is a technology used in irons and now brought to drivers fairways and hybrids for the first time. This technology leads to more stability at impact which delivers more energy to the ball resulting in more distance and control. The Cavity Back is only visible from the sole view but is covered and hidden underneath by the crown to be more visually and pleasing at address hence the name 'Covert'.

The first (top) video made me smile which early in the morning is usually an impossible task but. the second video (unveils) is more informative.

Arriving February by all accounts.

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/nikesh...utm_content=covert110113&utm_campaign=E-Flyer

Discuss

So Nike golf are now chasing the adidas golf clientel - DISTANCE DISTANCE DISTANCE

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Red doesn't bother me so that side of things isn't an issue. Interesting head concept. Gimick or not. That is the question. Has to be worth a hit as it so different. Lots of fantastic looking drivers coming out this year. Great news for anyone in the market for a new big dog

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm desperate to hit this club....I really, really like the look of it. To the poster that said only the "pro" version is adjustable...it's rubbish. Both versions are fully adjustable.