Nic names

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
In my youth, I was in the Venture scouts
The minibus we had was called Murgatroyd the Minibus, years before I joined.

Having another Murgatroyd would complicate things, so I was known as Phil Minibus.

Also when I was wearing green we had a Corporal Pretty, who was known as Fugly ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
if you want one in bad taste, then our opening bowler was called Steven Lawrence. Someone (not me) thought it a good idea to nickname him "bus stop"

it didn't get used that much or last that long

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Are these actual nicknames that are in use? Most nicknames I know are just a variation of the person's name , with just a few that are other things and used.
I can't ever imagine call someone safe sex , green flag or quite a few of those listed tbf

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are these actual nicknames that are in use? Most nicknames I know are just a variation of the person's name , with just a few that are other things and used.
I can't ever imagine call someone safe sex , green flag or quite a few of those listed tbf
There is a guy on our football team that we do genuinely call Chicken Fillet, or usually just Fillet for short. His surname is Willett so it's simply a rhyming thing. Not sure how it started as we don't have rhyming nicknames for everyone. ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Some of my favourites are from way back as a schoolboy and the names that were thought up for the teachers.

Headmaster Mr Wood was known (quietly) as Pecker.

There was a young English teacher who arrived with a full beard. We think he did this to avoid looking so young. His name was Mr Fane.
After a couple years he came in on the first day of a term clean shaven for the first time.
His nickname from that day on was Chin Fane.

We had a chemistry teacher called Mr Woodcock and a PE teacher called Mr Hancock.
Both were called by various nicknames. :eek:

venger

Visit site
Bloke I work with called Steve is called Seasick because he is always calling in "sick" with minor injuries or illness.
Had an old boss who was short in stature (5ft 1) and kept saying that he was going to be moving up to bigger and better things, so he was nick-named Napolean.
Used to have some who would visit my work frequently called Jamie Farr, so naturally we called him Klinger. He hated it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Some of my favourites are from way back as a schoolboy and the names that were thought up for the teachers.

Headmaster Mr Wood was known (quietly) as Pecker.

There was a young English teacher who arrived with a full beard. We think he did this to avoid looking so young. His name was Mr Fane.
After a couple years he came in on the first day of a term clean shaven for the first time.
His nickname from that day on was Chin Fane.

We had a chemistry teacher called Mr Woodcock and a PE teacher called Mr Hancock.
Both were called by various nicknames. :eek:
Talking of teachers we had Zap...a maths professor who looked like he'd just stuck his finger in an electric socket..Penguin who waddled rather than walked, Headmaster R P Brown..we thought the P stood for Prat, Bilge, taken from initials, Junkie Blyth who seemed to like that sort of thing and many more that I can't remember...