Newish Golfer needing new irons!

CDWatty

Visit site
Hi all, long time reader first time caller!
Im in the market for new clubs, I currently play with a ladies sized set of irons so a little small for me. I play off about 28 (move around a lot so never joined a club to get a handicap) just wondering what irons people would suggest getting? Game Improvement irons would be beneficial I think, and probably a regular flex as my drives are pretty inconsistent carrying 200+ and 240+ on a really good day!
Thanks for your help in advance??

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
If you’re looking at new you wouldn’t go too far wrong with Wilson D9 irons at a touch above that budget.

For used, at that budget you could probably pick up 2019-2020 years cavity irons on eBay at a reasonable price too if you’re happy with standard length and lie.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Golfbidder, Golfclubs4cash and take a look at some retailers whom often have previous years stock and reduced them.

Springveldt

Visit site
Ping G series is the default answer. Whichever your budget can get but as the owner of G25 irons, 18 h/c, I'd say start from that era and work up if you prefer.

Ebay, Golfbidder, Golfclubs4cash etc
I got G25’s when i took up the game again in early 2016. Cost me £350 brand new for 5-PW. Sold them for around £200 in early 2019 after I got the i500’s.

Great irons and I bet they sell for more now than when I sold them a couple of years ago.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If you’re looking at new you wouldn’t go too far wrong with Wilson D9 irons at a touch above that budget.

For used, at that budget you could probably pick up 2019-2020 years cavity irons on eBay at a reasonable price too if you’re happy with standard length and lie.

Wilson D9 id recommend all day long. Really solid clubs, love mine!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Clubhouse golf have wilson d7s 5-sw for £399 at present. I've got some coming for Xmas.

I have posted a full review of these before - be aware that the "power holes" have a history of plugging in themselves. Wilson replaced my D7's with the new D9's after I sent 4 individual irons back over the course of 6 months...

NorfolkAsh

Visit site
I have posted a full review of these before - be aware that the "power holes" have a history of plugging in themselves. Wilson replaced my D7's with the new D9's after I sent 4 individual irons back over the course of 6 months...
Yeah, I have seen the issues. I'm hoping they're fairly isolated as I know people who have used them for a couple of years now with no problems. Time will tell!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I may be about to sell my Ping G400s if they are something you would be interested in. 4 to gap wedge with regular graphite shafts.