Wilson D7 irons AG

Buckbeak

Visit site
Hi all,

Happy Masters Sunday!

I'm in the market for new irons. I've had mine for around 5/6 years (my first proper set) that I bought second hand.

I've decided I'm going to get my next set fitted. I've been into AG a few times over the last few months and spoke to different salesman each time. And every time they have all recommended the Wilson D7 irons and haven't really mentioned any others. It was the same AG store.

I have done a bit of research and they look like good clubs, especially for the price. But I was wondering if any of you have seen, used or currently play with these irons and your thoughts?

I'm not sure whether they are good clubs which is why every salesman has suggested them, or that AG are trying to sell them or if I'm being to sceptical.

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
ManInBlack did a thread on them I think.

All the manufacturers make good clubs, the trick is finding good ones for you.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
If you use the search, and search for "Wilson D7", you'll find some more. Make sure you includes the quotes in the search though.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Your looking fitting into irons and all salesperson from one stores recommend the same set. They should not be recommending anything until your fitting is in process and they can see what is happening. There trying to get rid of irons.

Get a proper fitting where the fitter will try several heads and shafts and recommend nothing. The process will tell you what is best for you

Buckbeak

Visit site
Your looking fitting into irons and all salesperson from one stores recommend the same set. They should not be recommending anything until your fitting is in process and they can see what is happening. There trying to get rid of irons.

Get a proper fitting where the fitter will try several heads and shafts and recommend nothing. The process will tell you what is best for you

That's what I was a little anxious about. I will go for a fitting regardless but will make sure I get the full works!