newbie needs advice

Swango1980

Visit site
First bit of advice, NEVER ask for advice. At least not during the round anyway. You'd be subject to a penalty under the Rules. Second piece of advice, NEVER give advice on the golf course as you'd also be subject to a penalty.

Third piece of advice, I'd go for second hand clubs. You'd probably get a top brand for a very good price. Pop in to a few local golf clubs and ask the Club Professionals. They can often do very good deals. In terms of the clubs you have seen on Amazon, either I am blind, or there doesn't even appear to be a manufacturers name on them, so for all I know they may not conform to the regulations (which would be less of an issue if you were not going to play comps). But, I'm sure you could get decent clubs from a pro.

In fact, you could also go onto www.golfbidder.com. That is a reputable site for selling good branded golf clubs, and even indicates the condition they are in.

Diamond

Visit site
I probably should have bought a 2nd hand set, instead I went conkers deep and bought a half set of Callaway from Clubhouse golf...swiftly followed by 6 lessons at my local golf club...

PurpleViking

Visit site
SH everyday, i would check out Golfclubs4cash, or get in touch with Martin Piggot of Fairways, he takes stuff up to Orkney, he might go to shetland too, but not sure.

he is based in the Driving range at Inverness and always has a fair bit of SH gear as goes the golf centre, who are part of the same company.

Thanks Ian much appreciated

PurpleViking

Visit site
First bit of advice, NEVER ask for advice. At least not during the round anyway. You'd be subject to a penalty under the Rules. Second piece of advice, NEVER give advice on the golf course as you'd also be subject to a penalty.

Third piece of advice, I'd go for second hand clubs. You'd probably get a top brand for a very good price. Pop in to a few local golf clubs and ask the Club Professionals. They can often do very good deals. In terms of the clubs you have seen on Amazon, either I am blind, or there doesn't even appear to be a manufacturers name on them, so for all I know they may not conform to the regulations (which would be less of an issue if you were not going to play comps). But, I'm sure you could get decent clubs from a pro.

In fact, you could also go onto www.golfbidder.com. That is a reputable site for selling good branded golf clubs, and even indicates the condition they are in.

Wow cant beleive all the helpful advice, I'm so glad I asked and didn't blindly go buy Thanks to you and every one Thanks