New Years Eve 2023

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's gone 1am and still got a house full. Made a curry for 6 washed down with Prosecco followed by an array of cocktails, party games and more Prosecco. Now on the coffee. Proper party animal me!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Happy new year everyone.

Went to bed at 10:15pm. Slightly disturbed by bombs going off and barking dogs, but carried on sleeping.
Shall be out for a walk this afternoon. Tonight will be much the same as last night - Christmas cake and wine.
Might take all the decorations down tomorrow or leave for one more day.
Hoping to get a game of golf later in the week, if the course is open.
Just checked - haven't won a million on the premium bonds and not on new king's honours list.

If Leicester City remain in Premiership, it will be a good year.
Apart from that, can't see 2023 being one of much joy for this country or the world.
It looks like a damage limitation exercise all round for this year.
We must endure and maybe see better times ahead somehow.
Chins up everyone!
Give help to others if you can.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Keeping london moving.

doing the list for the last curry of 2022 for the team

then we shall be constantly taking trains out of service no doubt for customers painting the seats in vomit

Well it wasn't too bad.. no trains taken out.. couple broken bottles , handful of malicious passenger alarms and ofc drunks laying on platforms but they contained themsleves between the hours of 11-2 other than that not bad

Curry was lovely (chicken madras, half a pilau rice, half portion of onion bargis and a garlic naan mm)

Plenty of tea

Happy new year all

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not even an alcoholic drink. Turned down a party at a near neighbours - just don’t like how stupid drunk some people get on NYE. In bed by 11:30 and up at 8:00.

Going down to the club to look at why an irrigation pump keeps turning on every 20mins, then roast beef dinner.

Never really been a New Year party person.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bed after 10pm news headlines...no doubt not a 10pm news tonight though - I hate that about Christmas/New Year!

Just checked and it's 10.10pm so not so bad. Headlines, dogs out for pees and then bed - hopefully will sleep through the fireworks.

Fireworks ?.
Thankfully my wee dog slept through them.
They woke me up though!
Happy New Year everyone.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Oh no! Not until the 12 days have elapsed :eek:
Haha, there's no rule book for that one, so I am free to choose. One year I left them all up until the 10th of Jan.
My brother-in-law took all his down yesterday morning.
This is interesting though.
I've had conversations with people who don't even agree on the date of "12th night". I find that very amusing.
Pagan festival hijacked by other religions.
I'm not constrained by any.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Me and Missis T were in bed for 10.20 at a B and B in Cardiff. Man flu has come back with a vengeance. ? which I thought I had got rid of Xmas day.
Lo and behold a good Italian friend face timed me at 00.20 this morning. ?
Dragging me butt out this morning for a drive up to Brecon via Aberfan to pay me respects.